15 reasons you need an H2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 reasons you need an H2R

As if you need a reason - here are 15 of them.

This was copied from a website called thethings.com You can look up the entire article there.

1: World’s fastest motorcycle
    2: Self-healing paint
    3: One of the best power to weight ratio’s on a bike
    4: Carbon fibre wings
    5: Bridgestone battlax VO1tires
    6: Supercharged engine
    7: Brembo brakes
    8: Ohlins suspension
    9: Arrow dynamics
    10: Single sided swingarm
    11: KTRC-Kawasaki traction control
    12: KIBS-Kawasaki intelligent antilock brake system
    13: KEBC-Kawasaki engine brake control
    14: KLCM-Kawasaki launch control mode
    15: KQS-Kawasaki quick shifter

I’m glad I could help.
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 03-12-2020, 09:10 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

I'll stick with my street legal bike that has some of those things (KRTC, KIBS, KQS on upshift) for about 42k less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      I'll stick with my street legal bike that has some of those things (KRTC, KIBS, KQS on upshift) for about 42k less.
      It’s a joke Mark.

As much as I’d love to have one I’m not rushing out to buy one either.

Comment

Exclusivity has a price
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I get the humor.. but I would say that my Street H2 has more HP at the rear wheel than a stock H2R. It not hard... really takes some $$ but much less than buying an H2R new. I probably spent about 7k to turn mine into the monster she is. Dynos vary a lot Kawi really was hyping to say the H2R has 326HP. That is crank HP with RAM air effect. Most dynos show about 260RWHP on a stock H2R see video below first run was only 242HP on an H2R they claim the slick was slipping on the dyno. . Remember the only mechanical difference is the exhaust (easy to change), the Cams.. and many have put them in street H2, I have been told by tuners that have done it it adds maybe 20HP to a FBO stage 2 H2.. it does increase HP in the upper RPM range as expected. The only other difference is the Fuel pump ( I have updated mine to higher flow than H2R and E85 certified), the head gasket is a different also on an H2R.. I am seeing about 280RWHP on 91 octane and 315RWHP on E85. The mod that makes the most difference is the custom intercooler. Kawi really dropped the ball on not including a factory Intercooler. Its really not safe to run an H2R in my view on a hot day over 80F... Its part of the reason they recommend bottom end rebuild after 60 hours on the H2R.. your cooking that motor at 20PSI without an intercooler. My intake temps NEVER go above 160F.. even stock before I installed it I would see well over 200F as high as 230F and that is TOO hot. Plus e85 is much cooler burning fuel and helps a lot. So with all that said you can spend $15k less with mods get a street legal H2 and have more power than an H2R. I have heard they have made very very few H2R's. The first run was 50.. and I understand that its been way less in recent years. A lot of people are buying them for display items.. that clearly have deeper wallets than most of us.

Last edited by jmenon; 03-12-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

H2 SX has most of those plus:

186 mph hard bags

Comment

I feel you man. The SX is a great ST/modern missile. However, I would say that even a Stock Street H2 is insane.. but taking it to beyond H2R levels is messing with the space time continuum that has changed my view of what fast is. You can see from the gearing chart I can reach 188 in 4th.... I fully admit that the H2 is not a ST bike but I have done a few 400 mile days without issue.

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
              H2 SX has most of those plus:

186 mph hard bags

Comment

240 mph on a street legal bike is INSANE!
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

My H2SXSEPLUS feels so light and capable under me, none of you hosers and posers could hope to stay with me. It's not even a question. You might as well be in your Grandma's Oldsmobile.
                  KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Let's put it this way. Don't let your Girlfriend see us ride.
                    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                      My H2SXSEPLUS feels so light and capable under me, none of you hosers and posers could hope to stay with me. It's not even a question. You might as well be in your Grandma's Oldsmobile.

Comment

1 reason I don’t need one is I can easily get my drivers license taken away with the ole ZED. And save a lot of money. It would be cool to have one though.
                        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Comment

Well, I since I have nothing else to do on this virus lock-down holiday... Here are 15,004 reasons why I do NOT need an H2R:
                            1. I am still in love with my ZX14R: I think it is gorgeous and it does everything I want and need it to do.
                            2. I am still kinda scared of my ZX14R: At 10,000 RPM WFO with traction/wheelie control off GOD HELP YOU.
                            3. I can still kick your ass on my ZX14R: Not that I ride like that very much any more...
                            4. My wife would keeeeeeel me.
                            4. 15,000 additional $1 reasons (at least) it would cost me to upgrade to a H2R.

Are we clear?

G
                            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                              Well, I since I have nothing else to do on this virus lock-down holiday... Here are 15,004 reasons why I do NOT need an H2R:
                              1. I am still in love with my ZX14R: I think it is gorgeous and it does everything I want and need it to do.
                              2. I am still kinda scared of my ZX14R: At 10,000 RPM WFO with traction/wheelie control off GOD HELP YOU.
                              3. I can still kick your ass on my ZX14R: Not that I ride like that very much any more...
                              4. My wife would keeeeeeel me.
                              4. 15,000 additional $1 reasons (at least) it would cost me to upgrade to a H2R.
                              Are we clear? G
                              Even though I started this thread I’m with Greg on this one. If I were to buy a new bike tomorrow it would be a 14R. In the meantime I’m hoping the new fuel pump will get my old school ZX14 running as it should. Something about the 14 just rings my bell.

CF925F66-4D0C-4B74-AD04-1AB56F01C5C6.jpeg

Last edited by NotDeadYet; 03-17-2020, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X