Guess the bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the bike?

Came across this old pic from circa 1980?? Hard to see the bike but me and my then squeeze on my old Honda750KZ. The unusual part is the frame mounted fairing made by.... Shoei!! Always had naked bikes before that and this baby convinced me I never wanted nothing in front of me ever again! Went on to adorn my GS1000E Suzi. 1986 I bought my first Kawa and never looked back!
    Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
    A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Dude! It's hard to guess the bike if you tell us what it is!!

Sweet ride... Nice pic. Takes me back...
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Reminds me of my CBR900F days. That bike was cool. Or, at the time it was.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Far out!
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Bmw

Comment

Didn't know you were cast as an extra in Mad Max!
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Yeah.. the lids have that 70's-80's bubble look. Fairing was kinda reminiscent of the 80's BM RT's.
              Whole thing weighed a ton but it sure worked. About the only other thing around back then was the huge Vetter barn doors.
              Mad Max.. eat yer heart out!! Dunno how many Shoei sold or whether it was an experimental foray into body work. Never seen another though. Was really well put together. Storage compartments and hard wired lighting.
              Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
              A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Working...
              X