Bimota is getting ready to one up the H2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimota is getting ready to one up the H2

Looks like its not going to take long for Kawi's purchase of Bimota to yield some outrageous fruit.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bik...a-tesih2-leak/
    tbolt

I don't get Kawasaki's angle here. Is there really anything left of Bimota other than some interesting suspension designs? Are they going to turn it into a boutique marque like when Ford bought Aston Martin and Jaguar for no apparent good reason?

Comment

Check out that front end... ! Fork-Free!

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
        Check out that front end... ! Fork-Free!

Hmmm, wonder what that contraption weighs compared to a conventional fork?

Looks like a lot of metal there.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          Hmmm, wonder what that contraption weighs compared to a conventional fork?

Looks like a lot of ̶m̶̶e̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶ STABILITY there.
          FIFY !

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Well it is sure fun to scroll through the pics and see all the unique stuff. Interesting radiator location, and the side by side shocks look pretty cool.
            But... until I see a motorcycle winning or even racing in a world championship event with a non-fork front-end, I consider that swing-arm front ends are just be a fund engineering and stylistic exercise...
            And I am sure this is a very affordable bike... NOT!

G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

And that muffler looks like 78.2 lbs and is begging to be tossed!
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Bimota made the first Tesi in I believe 1990. They have made a number of different variants, but all have had the same Funny Front End (FFE - that's is the general term for non-fork front ends) with the same chassis and suspension setup as the one shown here. So nothing new in that category. Most of the variants used a Ducati v-twin engine. So stuffing a inline, supercharged 4 in the chassis is going to make a HUGE difference in weight and power.

I wouldn't want to be the first person to test ride it!
                tbolt

Comment

Looks like that front end Yamaha did years ago. There's one at Barbers museum (Yamaha version) what a weird looking
                  setup that is. Just for the record, that's one ugly SOB there. (damn, more demerits)
                  Last edited by CHARLIE; 11-06-2019, 06:59 PM.
                  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                  but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...ycle-unveiled/

Comment

525 pounds!!!!

That thing is a pig.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                        Looks like that front end Yamaha did years ago. There's one at Barbers museum (Yamaha version) what a weird looking
                        setup that is. Just for the record, that's one ugly SOB there. (damn, more demerits)
                        That would be a Yamaha GTS1000
                        tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
                          I wouldn't want to be the first person to test ride it!
                          dbsuperbiker

Comment

I

Comment

Working...
                            X