Another Riding Year Winds Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Riding Year Winds Down

Probably just did my last ride of 2019. It was 55 degrees this afternoon, so I got out for an hour and broke a few speed limits. (OK, many) Here in Spokane the weather is not forecasted to be decent when I am going to be home for the next couple weeks, and after that we could have snow and single-digit temps any time until Spring... So I topped her off, added some Stabil and rolled her in the garage... (Sigh)

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

One thing I do like about living in the South, the weather. I rode some today myself, 72deg
    sun out and bright. I have a bunch of "bad weather" maintenance to do but
    as long as it keeps this up, I'm staying saddled up as much as I can.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Maybe an Indian Summer is headed your way!
      You can always dream!
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
        Maybe an Indian Summer is headed your way! You can always dream!
        That ship has sailed up here. In the mountains ski season is in full swing. Here in the city it had has been snowing on and off since the end of September. This week it’s been snowing steadily since Sunday. I shovelled the sidewalks and the driveway 3 times already today.
        Last edited by NotDeadYet; 11-05-2019, 11:49 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Has been decent out the last couple of days. However, have had to work so no riding. Weather is supposed to cool down this weekend so no riding again.

In the process of winterizing Amanda's bike and the Aprilia. Which means filling up the tanks with some non ethanol and adding Stabil.

Also put bikes on Battery Tenders. Speaking of, I have had Amanda's bike on a Tender all year and it was still slow to crank/start??? I actually had to wheel it out and give it a jump start using my truck battery and some jumper cables. Maybe the battery is finally taking a dive on me. I don't remember if have replaced it yet or not. if not, i can't complain as the bike is an 09. As opposed to the Aprilia which is a 2017 and the battery already took a shit on me

I doubt I'll winterize the 14 as I might be able to sneak in a ride here and there. Besides, I always have it on a Tender anyway. It'd just be a matter of adding Stabil.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Yep! Deffo missing Arkansas weather! 6 degrees C here today. 43F to you guys. Dry and bright but an hour of windchill on this old carcass and I'd seize up!
            Might finally have to pop for some of that sweet EXO2 heated gear.
            Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
            A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Upper 30's(cold tires, cold tires, cold tires) and clear with the sun just breaking over the hills. It was a nice ride to the office. The ride home will probably be in the dark.....My winterization plan, remember to plug in the battery tender.

Comment

My new bike is getting ready to show up. I'm not winterizing jack frost. I'm riding it whenever I get a chance this Winter. Heated grips huh? You must not mind.
                KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Winterizing ...... Broke out my turtle fur balaclava, need that sometimes in the morning pre-sunup, good to go.
                  Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Two weeks ago I rode my Zed to my university classes. Today it's -21C with the windchill. Stabil going into the H2 tank tonight, and that's it til at least March

Comment

I might be late to the party completely on this and, if so, apologies! Just wondered of you guys 'over there' have seen this gear? I just saw an ad on eBay uk for the Stormrider for£98! Even with bad exchange rates that is way below the £180 rrp. Anyway, just thought I'd toss it in. Thinking I am finally gonna pop for one.
                      https://www.webbikeworld.com/exo-sto...d-vest-review/

https://exo2.co.uk/
                      Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                      A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Heated gear is the bomb.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

After 2 consecutive years of accidents in Nov (Nov 16, 2017 and Nov 4, 2018), I was in no position to argue with the better half. So, for me, I made the agreement to take the winter off. Not to mention she is away for the next few weeks visiting family, so my lifeline if you will, isn't around. Hung up the helmet for the season on Nov 1. Have I missed the last week of not riding in amazing weather? Absolutely. Locally it has been crisp and clear and will continue that way for another 5 or so days. Wasn't able to get 10,000 miles this year with work travel for a few months this year, but still managed 9000 miles for the year (20,800 miles on the clock). Now, it is time for the maintenance. And no, after the issue with the dealership not doing the service when they said they would, I have decided to take the winter and do it myself. Will certainly be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Good luck on winter maintenance to everyone involved. I have a ton myself.
                            I'm going to have to replace a bunch of stuff I've neglected to do over the years.
                            Brake lines, some hoses and other stuff. I hate working on the ole girl, but love
                            riding it. I still have a few rides left, I hope before the winder blues set in.
                            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
                              After 2 consecutive years of accidents in Nov (Nov 16, 2017 and Nov 4, 2018), I was in no position to argue with the better half. So, for me, I made the agreement to take the winter off. Not to mention she is away for the next few weeks visiting family, so my lifeline if you will, isn't around. Hung up the helmet for the season on Nov 1. Have I missed the last week of not riding in amazing weather? Absolutely. Locally it has been crisp and clear and will continue that way for another 5 or so days. Wasn't able to get 10,000 miles this year with work travel for a few months this year, but still managed 9000 miles for the year (20,800 miles on the clock). Now, it is time for the maintenance. And no, after the issue with the dealership not doing the service when they said they would, I have decided to take the winter and do it myself. Will certainly be interesting to say the least.
                              Hey Bret, take notes or even pics when you tear the plastic off to do the valve job! More perspectives on how to avoid breaking off tabs and cracking things is always good! I gotta face the valve job next winter, gonna have to work up the courage...

G
                              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Working...
                              X