X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix update

The picture tells the tale:
    75k 2019-10-14.jpg
    On the ride to work this morning. Bike is running fine although seems to heat up quicker than it used to. (could be the missing heat baffle, removed after it almost combusted this summer). This weekend, removed the leaking Ohlins and reinstallled the last OEM that came off. I'll send the Ohlins back to Ohlins this time, for a rebuild. My big concern right now is the loss of my local mechanic. Anthony is battling stage 4 gall bladder cancer with a not so good prognosis. He has worked on the bike for the past 9 years and other than perhaps not installing the baffle correctly has provided great service. I've talked to him and a bunch of other local riders and there are no other independent shop in the area that anybody trusts. The closest Kawi dealer is 25 miles away and they are a pretty small shop. IDK how good their service dept is. I've got local riding buddies who can help and or instruct me with the routine stuff, brakes, chain, tires.
    And once again, thanks to all who are still here who had a hand in the Phoenix ending up in my garage. You all

75K!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Very nice, Scott! You use that bike all the time, and we love reading about it. The valve adjustments are easy, so you don't need a master's degree to work on it.
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Sorry to hear of the local mechanic issue.

ANY competent mechanic seems difficult to come by these days.

As was said earlier, the ZED is fairly east to work on. Even the valve adjust. I'm sure someone from the site could walk you through it.

Just not me

Wishing you another 75000 miles!!!!!!!!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

That's a fantastic milestone, Scott

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Thanks guys. Hoping to get west in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by slayman View Post
              Thanks guys. Hoping to get west in 2020.
              Me too. At least as far as Colorado.

Only 75,000. You need to get out and ride that thing.
              I sometimes forget about winter. It may be hot here in the south, but the miles do rack up quickly when you can ride year round.

Comment

Working...
              X