Early snowfall again this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early snowfall again this year

Here we go again with another early season snowfall. I’ve shovelled well over a foot of snow off my driveway in the past 24 hours. Some areas in the mountains of nw Montana and sw Alberta have had upwards of 3 feet. We had a similar storm in the same weekend last year. Global warming my ass!

6F7CE6B2-1C1D-4ED6-87B6-1186F8F98F09.jpeg
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 09-30-2019, 09:01 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

89 degrees yesterday at the track. Perhaps you may want to tag along with the Canadian geese and spend the winter in Arizona?
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Gonna be in the 90's here again all week. Waiting on the fall snap
      around here to get in a little riding without feeling like you're in a stove.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Of course this was the weekend we had American visitors in town. We kept saying "just imagine the pretty mountains all around us" while we were in the middle of the mountains in a blinding snowstorm

Comment

Gareth, don't feel too lonely. Here in Spokane we had record cold and snow this weekend, a couple inches on my lawn. First September snow here since 1926!

Maybe I will trailer my bike down to Bill's house in January...
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I flew to Denver in the middle of the storm. It was 92 degrees when I landed. Lots of sad Bronco fans when I got here.
            image_13998.jpg
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 09-30-2019, 02:00 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

The worst thing around here right now is it is dry.
              We haven't had any substantial rain in weeks.
              A lot of small scattered fires around and I think
              the whole state or most of it is under a no burn notice.
              Reminds me of a couple of years back when a lot of
              fire damage was close.
              "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
              but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Mowed my yard twice in two months

Before the drought it was twice a week!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                  Lots of sad Bronco fans when I got here.
                  image_13998.jpg
                  Being a Bronco fan IS pretty sad

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                    Gareth, don't feel too lonely. Here in Spokane we had record cold and snow this weekend, a couple inches on my lawn. First September snow here since 1926!

Maybe I will trailer my bike down to Bill's house in January...
                    Come on down!
                    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

A friend on holiday in the US posted photos of snow in Yellowstone.

It's down to changes in the jet stream over North America apparently.
                      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                        A friend on holiday in the US posted photos of snow in Yellowstone.

It's down to changes in the jet stream over North America apparently.
                        Unfortunately for me and NDY, it's just the normal pattern here in Alberta. We often get a foot or more of snow in one storm to kick off autumn, and some years we get snow twelve months of the year. At least we don't get earthquakes or bugs...yet

Comment

Yeah old man winter passed fall in the PNW. Ive had about 6 inches of rain in a couple of storms already. Usually thats later in Oct/ early Nov

Comment

Working...
                          X