X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYCZED
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenon View Post
    go with the woolich tuning interface. I had a lot of bad luck with Brocks. Some of their parts are great. but not for ECU tuning. Brocks requires a piggy back PCV and you cannot control timing... Woolich is a true ECU flash and you can control anything you want. Cooling fan temp kick on.. Top speed removal, and way more.
    There's a guy in FLA who's getting good results for a bunch of people on the SX forum with an ECU flash, and I think I'm going to use his when I'm ready. He's getting 210 with no noticeable fuel economy penalty under normal loads

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG O View Post

If 210 WHP is just a flash away, that's a no brainer!

No other mods necessary other than a flash?
    Yep! You can see on the stock dyno chart that Kawi just shuts off the power at 10,900rpm, and it redlines at 12,000. The flash basically changes the power and torque curve so they're both increasing until past the redline. Apparently the 2019 H2's increase to 231HP at crank is due to efficiencies gained when they created the H2 SX, so I think they deliberately neutered the SX so it doesn't compete with the sportbike H2.

A guy on H2SXriders recently posted a 9.68/145mph quarter mile slip - stock with just the forks strapped

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

I'm resisting the urge to farkle, but the 210WHP from ECU flash will just be too tempting!
    If 210 WHP is just a flash away, that's a no brainer!

No other mods necessary other than a flash?

Leave a comment:

• jmenon
    replied
    go with the woolich tuning interface. I had a lot of bad luck with Brocks. Some of their parts are great. but not for ECU tuning. Brocks requires a piggy back PCV and you cannot control timing... Woolich is a true ECU flash and you can control anything you want. Cooling fan temp kick on.. Top speed removal, and way more.

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenon View Post
    I have not ridden an H2 SX... I rode my 2016 H2 stock for the first year. Then that bug of knowing how much power it can really have crept up. The power mods really have not taken away from the overall fun of riding the bike. Nothing makes power like these engines. Its not just the high HP numbers. It starts making power like crazy at 4k RPM. and by the time your north of 12k RPM its feels like an SR71. I am going to put my E85 Tune on this weekend... The mods have made aspects of the bike more raw.. but I love every minute of it. I did many of the mods myself.. but it does take a few $$ to get these bikes to their full potential, you can find many good deals out there with many of the mods already done. i have done many 400-500 mile days on mine. its not super comfy but I find it fun still for even the H2 to be a ST bike.
    I'm resisting the urge to farkle, but the 210WHP from ECU flash will just be too tempting!

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Greg, I haven't identified exactly the source of heat, but I'm assuming it's supercharger related. On my Zed it was the frame that got hot like that, so I never really noticed unless it was 90F+

I could get lowered pegs but then I'd lose some of that sweet and surprisingly good ground clearance...
    Last edited by YYCZED; 09-17-2019, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Originally posted by piken View Post
    Nice write up. Awesome bike.

Just try not to think to much about that supercharger spinning up to 130,000 rpm's right under your nut sack!
    It's a thrill like sitting next to the propellers on an older plane

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Good write up and a great review after putting a few thousand miles (or 10,000 kms Cdn ) on that achingly beautiful piece of motorcycle art. I only wish I could have stayed with you for a few thousand more kms without my 14 acting up on me again.

I think we only got to do a couple of fly by’s while we were headed south on hiway 22. When you flew by me all I heard was a jet engine like whoosh. Lots of bite but not much bark in that bad boy. It’s definitely a real gentleman’s express. I’m sure you were loving the cruise control after a few long days in the saddle. That’s one feature I think should come standard on all sport-touring bikes.
    How's your recovery going? Too bad about that ride, but maybe it's a good thing you didn't end up stuck in the heart of darkness like I did coming back from BC!

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffS View Post
    Love it!......enjoy buddy looking forward to seeing it in person(next year 2west20).....
    Ah yes. Perspiring minds are starting to wonder when and where this "2west20" thing might be...

Leave a comment:

• JeffS
    replied
    Love it!......enjoy buddy looking forward to seeing it in person(next year 2west20).....

Leave a comment:

• jmenon
    replied
    I have not ridden an H2 SX... I rode my 2016 H2 stock for the first year. Then that bug of knowing how much power it can really have crept up. The power mods really have not taken away from the overall fun of riding the bike. Nothing makes power like these engines. Its not just the high HP numbers. It starts making power like crazy at 4k RPM. and by the time your north of 12k RPM its feels like an SR71. I am going to put my E85 Tune on this weekend... The mods have made aspects of the bike more raw.. but I love every minute of it. I did many of the mods myself.. but it does take a few $$ to get these bikes to their full potential, you can find many good deals out there with many of the mods already done. i have done many 400-500 mile days on mine. its not super comfy but I find it fun still for even the H2 to be a ST bike.
    Last edited by jmenon; 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Couple more thoughts...

What is under the seat that could cause it to get so abnormally hot?

Also, nice description of the acceleration effect on a ZX14R...

And, I love your description of the big KTM's appearance. Honest, if that damn bike looked as good as my ZX14R I would be riding one today, no question about it. It's like they had a contest to see who could design the ugliest motorcycle.

G

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Wow, great write up Bro!

Sounds like an outstanding machine- I am envious.

I think there is a good chance that the Buell pegs that I put on the ZX14 will work on your bike- they lower the pegs 3/4 inch.

Looking forward to riding with you- next year, unfortunately...

G

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Great write up Gareth.

My local dealer has a leftover on their floor they were trying to sell me.

However, they wanted to give me shit for my BMW in trade and wanted the moon for their bike.

Also, it appears that the riding position is more upright? More like a standard?

If so, that wouldn't work for me either.

I do LOVE the color as well as the supercharged engine.

Maybe one day I'll at least take one for a demo ride just to experience that engine.

Glad to hear that you and yours is getting along.

Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• spedxprt
    replied
    Thanks for your feedback. Just may be my next bike. You are a bad influence

Leave a comment:

Working...
X