Brembo M50 brakes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brembo M50 brakes...

...are something you can't retrofit to the Zed. Nonetheless, I'm in the process of purchasing a set. They just happen to come with some weird bits of plastic and Austrian tat:

Attached Files

Super nice bike. I guess you're getting the GT model.
    Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Nice bike!! Not as comfortable for a passenger according to my wife. The seat absolutely needs to be changed out, the OEM's are hard, but the optional KTM Comfort seat is a step in the right direction. Enjoy those M50's.....

Comment

Congrats Gareth!

Danno has one and loves it!

He just had the seat redone as it does suck but other than that it's apparently good t go. I think he had a software update since he purchased but that's all. Nowadays with all of the electronics you seem to have to update them yearly for some reason or other

DSC02087.JPG

This was taken early this year.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've gone through some real first world issues here with my bike shopping crisis. I cross-shopped so badly that one day it was a Gixxer 1000, the next it was a Yamaha Tracer GT. What clinched it is I wanted a new engine configuration, I'm too young for anything less than 150HP, and the KTM is nearly 100lbs lighter than zed

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
            Thanks guys, I've gone through some real first world issues here with my bike shopping crisis. I cross-shopped so badly that one day it was a Gixxer 1000, the next it was a Yamaha Tracer GT. What clinched it is I wanted a new engine configuration, I'm too young for anything less than 150HP, and the KTM is nearly 100lbs lighter than zed
            Yeah, I remember at one time I was trying to talk you into a K 1300.

Glad you finally pulled the trigger on a new bike.

You still keeping the ZED?
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Yeah, I remember at one time I was trying to talk you into a K 1300.

Glad you finally pulled the trigger on a new bike.

You still keeping the ZED?
              If the K1300S came with cruise control, I would have gotten one. They're a sweet friggin bike.

Unfortunately I'll have to sell the Zed for space, and to pay for six months of KTM-specific lubricants. Otherwise I'd keep the old beauty forever

Comment

Congrats! I LOVE big twins, thought about buying one of those big KTM's before the 30 year anniversary ZX14R appeared. I know you love riding it.

G
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Nice!.......love it......

Comment

So a funny thing happened on the way to the KTM dealer: I felt itchy, I didn't feel excited about my purchase anymore, I thought about having to buy weird Austrian lubes...

I pick this up on Saturday morning instead:

Attached Files
                    Last edited by YYCZED; 08-15-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Oh my......

Comment

RIGHT ON!!!! Good for you....right color too.

Comment

No way! Really?
                          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Way to keep it in the family
                            Either bike is an awesome choice. Why not just get both?
                            Last edited by spedxprt; 08-17-2019, 04:01 PM.
                            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Now we're talking. I'm green with envy. That would be my choice.

Stock they're putting out around 170hp (very restricted.) For us power junkies.... Flashing the ECU will get a gain of 50-60+ hp!

Very nice.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Working...
                              X