Jackets these days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackets these days

Ok, my old Joe Rocket leather jacket is beginning to get a little long in the tooth
    so to speak. Who, out there has a good opinion of a good leather or textile jacket
    that they would recommend? I can do with either, What I'm looking for mainly is
    a 3 season type. I can go with another mesh for summer like I have but would
    like something a bit better for the rest of the year. Thanks in advance.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

I've always had great success with Joe Rocket leather.

I've found great deals on E Bay.

You might give them a look.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Tons of options and prices. I would go try a bunch of different ones and find something comfy.
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

I've had great success with Klim Apex. Been in a couple of pavement parties over the last couple years and have gone back to that jacket and Klim overpants as well. Had an older Kilimanjaro and that didn't fair so well on a light get off many years ago, the seam tore right open on the arm and shoulder, armor was thin as well, but that is completely changeable. Try on Firstgear, Klim, Joe Rocket, Olympia, Rev'It, and whatever else you can. Find the features you like, and that will whittle down the field, and get you to a point where you're happy with the decision. When we bought the last set, bought it local at the BMW dealership for a great price (about 15-20% off) since we were buying...again. If they hadn't discounted, or even price matched, we'd have gone with Revzilla.

Comment

I am on my second set of Tour Master mesh/fabric. I like the flexibility of being able to strip it down to just mesh in the heat or add the quilting in the cold.
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I was speaking of leather gear in my post by the way.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Leather only for me. Joe Rocket Usually decent quality leather at reasonable prices. Also JR one of the only vendors that stock (some of the styles) in "long"

When I'm ready to replace I'm going to have new suit custom made. Custom made not much more then off the rack. Not sure who I'll use yet but
              there's several companies. May even incorporate some of the newer air bag tech which would be pretty cool.
              Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                Leather only for me. Joe Rocket Usually decent quality leather at reasonable prices. Also JR one of the only vendors that stock (some of the styles) in "long"

When I'm ready to replace I'm going to have new suit custom made. Custom made not much more then off the rack. Not sure who I'll use yet but
                there's several companies. May even incorporate some of the newer air bag tech which would be pretty cool.
                I take it living in AZ that must be very perforated leather to be able to tolerate the heat! I do my leathers for track days and serious canyon blasts but for touring in the summer I could never stand them- mesh is the only way for me to go...

G

Comment

I ride every day and always wear my leathers, Was 115 degrees on Monday didn't bother me, I was comfortable. But, yes, perforated.

I'm a t-shirt and shorts guy 365, so nice to slip on 2 piece suit/boots to commute it.

I just don't trust mesh to save my butt sliding down the road.

1. Doesn't hold up to abrasion as well as leather .

2. Never found any mesh jackets/pants that fit well enough that I feel confident that the pads will stay in place.
                  I had to do lots of sewing and industrial Velcro to place pads.

3. Ever seen a picture of a mesh jacket that melted into the riders skin after sliding down the road. I have.

But, yes, mesh is popular. Haven't looked in a while maybe some better stuff out there. What ever people feel safe in, better then a t-shirt.
                  Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                    I ride every day and always wear my leathers, Was 115 degrees on Monday didn't bother me, I was comfortable. But, yes, perforated.

I'm a t-shirt and shorts guy 365, so nice to slip on 2 piece suit/boots to commute it.

I just don't trust mesh to save my butt sliding down the road.

1. Doesn't hold up to abrasion as well as leather .

2. Never found any mesh jackets/pants that fit well enough that I feel confident that the pads will stay in place.
                    I had to do lots of sewing and industrial Velcro to place pads.

3. Ever seen a picture of a mesh jacket that melted into the riders skin after sliding down the road. I have.

But, yes, mesh is popular. Haven't looked in a while maybe some better stuff out there. What ever people feel safe in, better then a t-shirt.
                    I would wager I am sporting a lot more "insulation" on my chassis than you!

Comment

I have a mesh jacket for summer. It has leather on the shoulders, elbows, and back. Covering the spots
                      that mostly make the asphalt introduction.The mesh helps in our summer heat, we have that
                      shit called humidity you know, that will melt your soul on summer days. I have perforated leather
                      pants (Joe Rocket Blaster) which believe it or not is better than jeans. It keeps that heat from the
                      motor at check and still flows air good. I just wear my long silks under those in the cold. I was mainly looking for
                      a leather or real good textile jacket for the rest of the year. The Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 I found is something I have taken interest in.
                      Last edited by CHARLIE; 08-07-2019, 04:18 PM.
                      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I've had my Tour Master Transition jacket for quite a while and it's still my favorite for 3-season riding. I have a dedicated mesh jacket for summer and a Cortech leather for when I want to look snazzy in the winter, but I can ride with the Tour Master in the 40's pretty comfortably (with a sweatshirt) or open it up and be ok up to about 80F, as long as I keep moving. For stop/go in the summer, mesh is a must here.
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                        X