Tex - family tragedy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tex - family tragedy

All - Tex posted on FB today that his brother and sister and her husband and two of their children were killed by a drunk driver.

I thank Tex and all of you for your friendship. Be careful. And if you drink, let someone else drive.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Damn. That's bad to hear. God bless that family. Drunk driving and texting while driving.
    People just don't understand how this still affects us and those around us. Sad to see.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Oh no!

So sorry to hear this Chris.

Tex and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Life is so ....
        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
        (c) I never worry much about anything.
        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
        (e) I love my wife and children.
        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

That is terrible.
          Deepest condolances to Tex and family.
          I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

This is disturbing to read more than anything else in the world. Our sincere condolences.

Comment

Deepest condolences to Tex, his family and all who are impacted by this terrible tragedy.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news. Thinking of you Tex....

Comment

No words.

Comment

I'm utterly horrified

I lost my brother to a drunk driver, but the pain Tex and his family are experiencing is still beyond one's worst imagination. My sincerest condolences to everyone suffering through this terrible terrible loss

Comment

Awful news. Prayers and condolences for Tex and his family.
                      “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

So sorry...
                        Stay strong, Tex.

Comment

That's absolutely horrific.

Comment

No words can express the sorrow I feel for you Tex. I will say that I look up to you, your resilience is amazing. I am humbled by the way that you have faced tragedy in the eye and yet you continue to lead your family through this. Although we haven’t met face to face I’m proud to count you as one of my friends.
                            Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Could someone share a link to Tex's Facebook page? And a link to funeral home info would help so we can send flowers, etc.
                              How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                              1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                              (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                              (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                              (c) I never worry much about anything.
                              (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                              (e) I love my wife and children.
                              (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                              From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Working...
                              X