Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struck a deal on a '16 FJR 1300A model

Struck a deal on a '16A model

Very excited about the 'new to me' bike, a low mileage '16 FJR1300A unit. No more shopping or hemming and hawing between the '13-15 models and '16 & up versions.

Hope to pick it up by week's end.

Now if only I could sell my Ninja 1000!
    Lee

The FJR is a sweet ride. I have ridden in a number of endurance rallies and there are always FJR’s at the podium. The Iron Butt riders seem to like them as well. Congrats on the “new to you” ride.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad the deal is finally done. Been searching/surfing/debating for over a month. Some really good deals out there on '13-15 models but I really like the updates to the 16's on up. The current owner was getting hinky so I sent him a deposit today & he's promised to hold it for me until I can get up there next weekend.

16 FJR.jpg

Comment

Love the color!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Very cool. I think you'll like that setup from what I have read about your post (on 2 sites)
          That is one good looking skooter right there. Congrats sir.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Thanks and me too. So tired of black bikes, the #1 color of motorcycles across the manufacturers' range, and which my current N1K is. 'Course, when you buy used, like I do, your selections are narrowed. I lucked out w/the '16.

The FJR over the past few years has had some really great colors. The '13 was this cool gray/tan mix; matter of fact, I found a really low mileage '13 yday that I almost bought until the deal for the '16 went thru. The '14 had this bright crimson red but it didn't sing to me. The '15 was a charcoal gray/w/black- very good looking IMHO. The '16, of course, is this beautiful blue and the '18 is a matte blue of similar shade- very neat. I ignored '17's cuz they were black!

Comment

You realize you will no longer be part of this website now that you don't have a ZZR right

Just kidding

FJR was one of the bikes I was looking at until I settled on the ZZR.

Only real downfall to me of newer bikes, and other vehicles is the electronics....Zed's very simple in my opinion...but your's looks to be a sweet ride.

Good luck.

dinky

Comment

I haven't owned a ZZR in a whole bunch of years. Been through 2 other bikes since, a ZRX1200 and a Ninja 1000, I'm good!
                Lee

Comment

Good at storing bikes that don't get ridden. Hang out for a bargain on a FJR. LOL!
                  KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Always good to see that you remain a jackass, Jimmy. It's one of the world's constants.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                      Good at storing bikes that don't get ridden. Hang out for a bargain on a FJR. LOL!
                      You're not wrong:

I purchased this bike used in 2013; at the time it had about 6000 miles and is now residing just north of 10,000.
                      10000 - 6000 = 4k miles in 6 years.

Not that I have any room to talk; I think I've put 4k miles on my ZX-6R in 5 years.

Comment

Aw, isn't that nice- you two girls are still braiding each other's hair. So sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by spectreman View Post
                          Aw, isn't that nice- you two girls are still braiding each other's hair. So sweet.
                          jimmymac helps me braid my back hair. You're next, buttercup.

Comment

Lee, congrats on the new ride. Beautiful color. Enjoy, and good luck selling the Kaw.
                            I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Thanks, Johnny.

Comment

Working...
                              X