Header bolts torque spec's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header bolts torque spec's

Does anyone know the torque spec's for the header bolts?

I checked the service manual and I don't see it listed.

dinky

Hmmm... The only things I see are the generic spec by bolt diameter and the callout for "Cylinder Head Bolts"... I don't see any specific numbers for the headers, but I'd be inclined to use the head bolt torque specs for the headers. Since you're tightening into the same part (top end), it makes sense (to me) that the torque would be the same.

Torque.jpg

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Only thing I found is in the service manual 2-7, general torque settings, thread diameter 8mm = 10 - 13.5 ft. lbs.

I also saw another thread on a Z1000, says his owners manual says 12 ft. lbs. on header bolts which jives with the above.

dinky

Comment

"Tighten 'till it strips, then back it off half a turn....."

I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Last edited by NATURALBORNKILLAR; 05-17-2019, 07:54 AM. Reason: got lost

Comment

ummm....

Comment

20 Nm on the R1, which is 12 lb/ft. 8 mm thread also.
              "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
              99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
              X