Jeez I need to ride my bike...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez I need to ride my bike...

Been slaving away on the house trying to have it ready to list by mid-May, and have not ridden it yet this year. That really sucks. But the weather is supposed to be decent on Sunday and I am going to ride that bitch, house repairs be damned!

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

. All work and no play...

Comment

I got out for a little 100 miler yesterday. Met Danno for lunch in a small town about 50 miles away.

Been raining here pretty much 4 out of every seven days.

Definitely been riding my mower more than my bike
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I would agree. I can't go that long without a ride. I can go maybe 3 weeks, then have to scratch the itch.
        I did the Mt. Cheaha ride (up and back 3 times) about 20 miles one way, last weekend. This is probably the best 20
        mile one way stretch in our state.Can't get up there this weekend cause of the Talladega race.
        Way to much traffic and too many Leo.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I finally broke mine out of winter storage. I rode it twice last week. One shorter ride west of the city and a longer half day ride further afield later in the week. Now it’s snowing again.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

81deg here today, no real rain chance, definitely no damn snow. Glad to be in the South.
            The ole girl will get a chance to stretch a bit today,
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I'm supposed to ride to Arizona next week, but if winter keeps hanging around like it did this weekend, I might have to cage it

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                I'm supposed to ride to Arizona next week, but if winter keeps hanging around like it did this weekend, I might have to cage it
                I hope the weather cleara for ya! I will channel some of our near 100 degree temps to you!
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Mother Nature is definitely keeping the warmer at bay for those of us in the great white north. I feel your pain. I know you have had this trip in the works for a long time.

If the weather doesn’t cooperate is there anyway you could truck or trailer your bike part way down and then ride from there. Salt Lake City might be a good point, by the time you’re there you should be south of all of the bad weather.

I have done this a couple of times and have found it’s generally fairly easy to find a place to leave the truck and trailer. I’ve left it at a few KOA campgrounds and various mom and pop hotels for a week or two on various trips over the years. Or there is the other option, you could just trailer all the way south and then enjoy the riding while you’re there and trailer back home.
                  Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-01-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Dave, I'm afraid I've got no real options other than ride or drive. My plan now is to dress up like the Michelin man, depart YYC after work next Tuesday, and get as far as Montana before dark. Hopefully by the time I get into Utah next Wednesday, it should be permanently above freezing, and much less chance of snow. 12 hours of frostbite is a small price to pay for sunshine and warmth, right?

Comment

Garth- good luck man!

Finally got a 125 mile ride in yesterday... awesome. Just warm enough around here- 66 or so- and the road was clean and devoid of cars and cops. Excellent...

Comment

Dave, I'm afraid I've got no real options other than ride or drive. My plan now is to dress up like the Michelin man, depart YYC after work next Tuesday, and get as far as Montana before dark. Hopefully by the time I get into Utah next Wednesday, it should be permanently above freezing, and much less chance of snow. 12 hours of frostbite is a small price to pay for sunshine and warmth, right?
                        If you haven’t got one you might want to invest in a heated vest or jacket liner. I’ve covered lots of miles in cold weather in relative comfort with my heated vest. I think mine is made by Gerbing. I love it! It’s the best piece of kit I have for cold weather riding. It’s always packed for long distance trips. Throwing your rain suit on over your riding gear can also go a long way to help keep the wind chill from seeping in.

Stay warm - stay safe and have a great trip!

And Happy 50th Birthday!
                        Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-02-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Damn double post

Comment

Dave speak truth. I can't imagine cold weather riding without my Gerbings liner and gloves.

And, Happy Birthday, Party On Gareth!

Comment

Thanks guys! All being well, I roll out of here tomorrow afternoon for Montana.

My one concession to the cold this year is I finally put heated grips on my Zed. Heated vest? In my day we wore a cardboard box...

Comment

Working...
                              X