No announcement yet.

H2 back to life - Tuning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretched h2.jpg Tons of people are stretching the H2.. Go on the H2 FB page. Its very common now. I think it kills the spirit of the bike. and your right. even stock they are hard to keep the front wheel down. once hour in 4th its better. I also went to much taller gearing that may help a little. Its a totally diff bike than a busa or 14r, in almost every way.

Originally posted by 9am53 View Post
    All the vids I’ve seen of h2s drag racing are them popping wheelies and losing to stretched boosted busas becasue they can keep he front end down...why aren’t people stretching h2s?
    Last edited by jmenon; 05-02-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

interesting video. These are stock H2 supposedly.. at least they have stock exhaust. The 2019 they did uncork them a little more. With about a 15-20 Hp gain. but with taller gears.. well over 200MPH.. on stock power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzw...&feature=share

Comment

Thats what I'm talkin' about!

Comment

I had dreams of stretching my kz1000 back in the day...that H2 looks amazing. I dont know why but I love stretched bikes.

Comment

The tuner got back logged a lot and is now finally getting my H2 on his dyno. Its a factory pro dyno and they tend to read about 15-25% less HP than Dynojet dynos. he is in the early stages as we are building the fuel maps all from scratch. At 50% throttle bike is making about 150HP at the rear wheel. that translates to about 160+ on a dyno jet dyno. The Green line on this dyno chart is a 2013 zx-10 at 100% throttle he recently had on his dyno.. you can see the yellow line is the H2 at 50% throttle making a good bit more HP. we are about to go into the twilight zone and do 100% pulls on E85 today. we are expecting about 310-325RWHP.. The 91 octane tune will probably max at "only" 270- dyno.jpg
            Last edited by jmenon; 06-27-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Also once I get the front wheel thats back ordered.. A set of BST carbon wheels are going on the H2.. The rear in this picture weighs 7lb!! h2carbon.jpg

Comment

I hesitate to guess what this little project might cost and I’m too polite to ask. I was looking at a new H2 at my local dealer the other day. It’s a sweet ride, but for my type of riding I still prefer the ZX14. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of h/p it will make and then to what you think of the riding experience.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Don't know how aggressive a rider you are in the twisties, but those wheels are going to make a huge difference in turn in.

Point and shoot.
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I do like to hit the twisty a bit. Yes others with H2 and carbon wheels tell me is a massive improvement in handling. These are only about 5lb less than stock wheel but that 5lb is multiplied a lot with a wheel spinning at 150+mph

Comment

Tuner had some issues with the way the Blow off value was set up. Got that figured out. We are getting full boost (18psi) at 12k RPM tuner is seeing 260RWHP we can go to 14k.. suspect that number will go up to about 270+ . they plan to move to E85 tomorrow. So far numbers are in line with expectations. I am guessing 275RWHP on 91 Octane and 310-320RHP on E85. Should have this insane machine back early next week.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Why more h/p on E85 than on 91? I would have thought 91 or 94 would give you the bigger number. What benefits or disadvantages do you get when you tune for and run E85? I know some of the Subaru guys run E85 with their turbo set ups tuned for E85 as well. Is the E85 specifically better for turbo setups?

I’m an old school V8 guy and I’ve always searched out premium non-ethanol fuel for my cars, trucks, bikes, boats, lawn mowers, snow blowers, and pretty much anything else with a motor. I’m not doubting your knowledge and wisdom on the subject I’m just trying to learn a little on the ethanol choice. Thanks for sharing all you have on the H2 project.
                          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 07-10-2019, 08:48 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Yes forced induction engines love E85. there is a lot of misinformation around E85. Bottom line it's about 98-100 Octane. If tuned properly. You will pick up significant power gains with it. It also burns cooler... My 335xi BMW is tuned for it and we picked up 45 more hp on E85. the only legitimate down side in very old cars made before 2001 they may contain rubber parts in their fuel system that ethanol can degrade. the other legitimate downside to ethanol is it will tend to gum up if you store it for long periods of time in an engine and not run it. The H2 will make about 20-30hp more on E85. Now this is where it gets a little confusing to some people. The stoichiometric fuel to air ratio for E85 is about 9:1. For gasoline it's 14:1 so you need to run more fuel volume with E85. this is why I upgraded the fuel pump in the H2 to an E85 compatible pump. That has higher volume flow. so in and of itself E85 might make most cars make a little bit more power because you could run more ignition advance but unless you do something like a power adder or more compression... You won't get s hp increase. It will also drop you mpg by 30% in a naturally asperated engine. Forced induction will see bit less drop as you're increasing cylinder pressure and higher octane fuel is more efficient.
                            Last edited by jmenon; 07-10-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

how about a set of bolt on wheelie bars ?
                              with what you have invested, it would be a small addition

Comment

a lot of guys do put extended swing arms on them. i want to keep all that stock. I love riding this bike on the street and canyon roads. You just have to stay in a higher gear and keep RPM's under 8-9k. Its still has more power than any other bike in this range.. but its very fun on twisty roads. go above 8k and you better be ready for that front wheel to come up. I did find this on E85 that claims its 108 octane... i have heard that is not really quite that high https://mnbiofuels.org/media-mba/blo...-for-beginners

Comment

Working...
                                X