H2 back to life - Tuning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2 back to life - Tuning

Finally got my H2 back to life last weekend. Took it apart in November... but with the crazy Winter here in tahoe 52Ft of snow so far!! i have been skiing and not doing any riding. I ended up doing the following.

1. Custom Yagerwerx water to air intercooler welded into the stock air box

2. Extreme creations Stage 2 Supercharger gears 9% over drive.

3. AEM 1200 E85 Fuel Pump

4. Custom Velocity stacks

5. Removed PAIR Valve + block off plates.

6. PCV Fuel map switch.

7. Autometer boost guage

8. Taller 42 Tooth Rear Sprocket

9. Rear Tail Tuck (license plate)

I am actually planning to change up the tune and get rid of the Power commander 5. I do not like piggy back tunes. Woolich racing has a true ECU tune system that can be tuned with a wide-band and also allows for easy switch from 91 octane gas to E85. Also can adjust for Ignition timing. you cannot do that with a brocks tune and a PCV. Many other cool adjustments can be done with the Woolich software.. fan temp, real time engine data on the stock gauge cluster.

So the bike will be off to a dyno shop in the bay area in the next few weeks for dyno tuning. See here Woolich already has a tune that was run on a bike with exact same mods as my bike and ran 316RWHP https://www.woolichracing.com/mapsha...c-x85-cal.aspx Not sure how aggressive I want to go. The H2R is supposed to have an engine tear down inspection every 80 hours.. May limit RPM to 13.5k on the 91 tune.. Before we were around 250HP... and that was insane.. this will be just beyond beyond.... crazy.

https://youtu.be/kWPUAG4jUD0
    Last edited by jmenon; 03-21-2019, 12:52 PM.

more pics.. 2mg limit bites.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jmenon; 03-21-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

That's bad ass. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

Hear a lot of good things about the Woolich stuff. You can also add launch control, pit limiter, etc.
      Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

You better start working out those forearms. Your going to need some extra strength just to hang on!!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I took her to the Drag strip with 250Hp last fall.. and issue is keeping the front wheel down... I am told that its best to turn off all the traction controls... no launch control.. feather it through 2-3rd and then pinn it and hang on.. the front wheel does come up in 4th but I should "ride it out" easy to say when your doing 130mph+ and the front wheel is 1-2 ft off the ground...

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
          You better start working out those forearms. Your going to need some extra strength just to hang on!!

Comment

Nice!......did you flee the Bay and move to Tahoe? Lots of good riding in the hills.?

Comment

Jeff

I've been pretty much up in Tahoe most of the time for the last few years. I moved out of my apartment in San Francisco in December just because I was very rarely there. with work travel and being up here in Tahoe it just didn't make a lot of sense anymore. I might get another place in the city this summer. But also looking for a bit of a larger place up here as well. I also have a commercial shop that I rent up here that have a full 10000 lb lift and all my tools etc.

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
              Nice!......did you flee the Bay and move to Tahoe? Lots of good riding in the hills.?

Comment

Very nice, id be outta that city and up there also.....harder to ride but much better lifestyle

Comment

The H2 is down at BRG Racing in Martinez CA. KC the owner... really knows his stuff. They are doing all kinds of prep work before they install the Woolich tuning interface. compression check, valve lash check, and now they may phase the cams in. He feels they are off and causing the bike to bleed off compression. if your about to take this engine to about 330hp at the crank... you need to make sure everything is perfect. I suspect next week they may get it on the dyno. They use a factory pro dyno.. so we may not see numbers like you get out of a Dynojet Dyno..... They are going to video tape the sessions.. I will post. It should pull like an SR-71 here when its all set up correctly on E85

Comment

I bet you need to make sure everything is perfect! Any idea what the lower-end life expectancy is at 330 HP?
                    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

TThe H2R has a system that tracks accumulated hours of over-8,000 rpm use and displays warnings when that time reaches 15 and then 30 hours. The service manual specifies replacement of the connecting rods and exhaust valves at 60 hours.

A lot of this also assumes that the H2R is being ridden hard almost the entire time on a track. I am not crazy the way I ride and with this much power how long can you be putting down 300+HP without reaching insane jail speeds?

Also we are only going to be on the 330CrankHP on E85. Given that the H2 loves to drink fuel and e85 will only make it worse. I suspect 70 miles on a tank with harder riding. I will mostly have it on the 91 octane tune that will be probably about 260-290RWHP. In the lake Tahoe area that I live... there are no E85 stations.. bout 60-100 miles.. So I have to store it in my shop.

On a longer ride may get to start with E85 but move to 91 later in the ride.

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                      I bet you need to make sure everything is perfect! Any idea what the lower-end life expectancy is at 330 HP?

Comment

Sweetness!
                        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

All the vids I’ve seen of h2s drag racing are them popping wheelies and losing to stretched boosted busas becasue they can keep he front end down...why aren’t people stretching h2s?

Comment

Question for ya: I love the inter-cooler idea, but assumed it would be really heavy. So what does this system weigh in at?

Thanks for sharing the fantasy most of us cannot afford!

G

"The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Its super light. I doubt all of it is 1-2lb.. and I shed a lot of other stuff on this project. all the PAIR system, The stock exhaust servo system, The inter-cooler is custom made by Travis Yeager at Yeagerwerx... he is a master fabricator. Its all aluminum. and its welded into the stock airbox. Air intake temps go 200-240F to never over 160F in most conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X