fork brace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork brace

Struck out trying to find a Greg Couch fork brace for a ZZ1200. Does the brace for the ZRX1200 fit the ZZR1200? If so where can I buy one? I saw a 5 piece brace for both bikes sold by Slingshot Racing, SSR-MFG. Anyone know anything about them? Looks pretty good really. Thanks...johnnyvee
    I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

I'm pretty sure the Couch brace for a ZRX will also work on a ZZR.

Maybe take a look over at ZRXOA forum?

There was one for sale on this site for months by BretB. He apparently just sold it a couple of days ago.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Try this Johnny

http://www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Form...GregCouch.html

Let us know what you find out.
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

BIG O, thanks man. I sent an e-mail. Will let you know what I find.
        I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

I've got the Greg Couch one on my Zed. It is the same as ZRX
          I've had it for so long now I don't have a clue what it cost.
          It damn sure works though.
          Last edited by CHARLIE; 02-25-2019, 06:31 PM.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Murph's fork braces, originally made for the ZRX, fit.
            I have one on each.
            I don't know if he still makes them.
            My guess is that any brace that fits the ZRX also fits the ZZR.
            I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I sent e-mails to both Murph and Greg Couch. Received a reply from Oscar at Murph's within 5 hours, but still no reply from Greg Couch. The fork brace is no longer available from Murph's. I may just order the one from Slingshot Racing. It looks just like the ones from GC and Murph's. It is a 5 piece, and looks nice. johnnyvee

Comment

There was a phone number listed on that link I posted.

Maybe give it a call?

Comment

BIG O, I called the number on that link 3 days ago, still no reply. I think I will get this one from SSR-MFG. It looks pretty nice. johnnyvee

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyvee View Post
                      BIG O, I called the number on that link 3 days ago, still no reply. I think I will get this one from SSR-MFG. It looks pretty nice. johnnyvee
                      Yeah, I saw those on E Bay.

They appear to be the same.

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Owner of SSR was a member of a Ducati forum I was on. In addition to being a bling fiend with no aesthetic sense at all, he was a Class-A know-it-all, blow-hard, intolerant, profane jerk. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with all the stuff he sells on eBay and elsewhere, but I won't buy from SSR. FWIW.
                        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                        (c) I never worry much about anything.
                        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                        (e) I love my wife and children.
                        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Working...
                        X