No announcement yet.

Middle of winter ripppp post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy, it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.
    I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Got out on the dirt bg to trike today. 52 degrees and windy. 15 minutes of riding and I was sweating like a whore in church. Wifey came along to try her hand at riding a friends quad. I told her that if she liked the experience we could look for one of her own. At 61, and woefully out of shape she was incredibly slow. I would go a hundred yards up the trail and have to stop and wait for her. She rode about 2 miles total and it took about 45 minutes. Alone, I cover 10-12 miles in that same span of time. I don't think it is going to work out. My friends wife rides that same machine and moves right along. Don't think my girl is cut out for this kind of acivity.

Comment

Might just take some practice, and confidence building. But sometimes you just know. LOL!
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Mike it’s hard to wait on peps when you want to rippppp. Peace

Comment

Got up to 67 deg today. With a good bit of sun. I got about 150 miles put in before having to cut
            it short. I hate to rub it in, but the South US has a few advantages. But, it'll probably snow
            or some shit next week. Never can tell around here.
            Last edited by CHARLIE; 02-03-2019, 11:38 AM.
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Not jealous we have great ripppppin roads hear and in arkkkkkk. So we tear em uppppp. Peace

Comment

Brass monkey, that funky monkey...

The weather is perfect for riding, here in Arizona
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                  http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Weather is BEAUTIFUL here today!

60 degrees and sunny.

Unfortunately, had errands to do so didn't get a chance to ride

Hope those that did had a great day!
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      Weather is BEAUTIFUL here today!

60 degrees and sunny.

Unfortunately, had errands to do so didn't get a chance to ride

Hope those that did had a great day!
                      We did. Put in a couple of hundred miles on this perfect 70 degree day.
                      Rain due all next week. Glad I got some therapy in this weekend.
                      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Of course it's gonna be in the 80's and 70's most of this workweek... and 40's for highs this weekend.
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Took the wife out on the Connie yesterday. We went over to the Canaveral National Seashore and did some trail walking for camera shots. She likes to shoot nature, and I like the time in the woods as well. We covered about 150 miles on a perfect 70 degree day. Stopped at a remote little biker bar and shot some pool and ate some burgers. Good times.

I loaded up Mr Dirt last night and will be headed out to abuse it and myself in an hour or so.

Comment

Minus 37C at the mountain the other morning. Add the windchill of 45 mph skiing down and it is f...king cold. At least we didn’t have to fight crowds.
                            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 02-10-2019, 11:18 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Got in a few miles today before the forecasted rain - which didn't materialize.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                              ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Glad somebody is getting to ride.
                                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                                X