ZZR1200 LED headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1200 LED headlights

Thinking of converting to LED's...someone has a part number and where to buy?

Thanks.

They are H4 size. I have been running HID setup for about 10 years now and would be interested to know what
    others have done. I was thinking of going to LED just for something different though.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

So nobody did the conversion...

Comment

I am interested, too nbk

Comment

Just get some good ones off Ebay. Hell, that's where my HID set came from, there 10 years old.
          I was told by a few folks, "those Ebay sets are cheap shit that won't last a month"
          Well, 10 damn years is better than highest quality halogen units I ever had.
          H4 is the size for the Zed though.

Comment

I put in some 65-100 h4's on my bike...when the brights are on its one of the brightest motorcycle lights ive ever seen

Comment

I tried a set of H4 LED's, in both my ZZR and ZRX. They require an in-built little fan each for cooling purposes.
              They were very bright low beam, and certainly noticeable to other road users.
              I found high beam lacking in distance.
              I went back to standard.
              I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

My HID units have been flawless. Ole ZED looks like a low flying airplane going down the road.
                I do remember having to adjust them down when first installing, but since then. Great setup.
                As far as melting headlight housing and not lasting long, that opinion as of mine, pure BS.
                Like I said before, been in for about 10 years. Never, ever had a halogen last that long.
                My truck has the LED type, been in it for several years with no issues.

Comment

Never tried these in my ZZR... Interesting.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehi...3869&year=2004
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                  X