No announcement yet.

Busa ends production

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many good observations here......lets dream a bit....a turbo GSXR big bore beast to battle Kawi..............

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
      That and the choice of bikes of the Millennial / Gen Z generation is a lot different then us boomers, they
      don't get (understand) bikes like the 14 / Busa at all.........

GROM_01_0.jpg

Hey, don’t knock my future pit bike,
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Muscle cars can never be too big, you can still drive them, bikes are different. I admit my ZZR1200 is bigger than what I need, to me at 165# it is a big horse. My ZRX1200 is about the right size for me. I don't have a midsize sport tourer, but a 900 cc would be about right. In fact I have been considering selling my ZZR1200 and getting something smaller. I have never see the Busa or Kawi 1400 as anything other than straight line specialty bikes, never intended to be daily riders for anyone under 250#.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRX/ZZR View Post
          Muscle cars can never be too big, you can still drive them, bikes are different. I admit my ZZR1200 is bigger than what I need, to me at 165# it is a big horse. My ZRX1200 is about the right size for me. I don't have a midsize sport tourer, but a 900 cc would be about right. In fact I have been considering selling my ZZR1200 and getting something smaller. I have never see the Busa or Kawi 1400 as anything other than straight line specialty bikes, never intended to be daily riders for anyone under 250#.
          You might want to reconsider that last point - a lot of folks here enjoy their big Zeds heeled over on the pegs more than anything else. They might be heavy bikes, but they can sure as hell dance

Comment

That's fine, each to his own, my point being there is a limit to how big bike's can get. How about a 4000 cc bike weighing 2000#, what use is that to anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZRX/ZZR View Post
              my point being there is a limit to how big bike's can get. How about a 4000 cc bike weighing 2000#, what use is that to anyone ?
              Boss Hoss might have something to say about that, right at 4000cc, 2000lbs and 500-600hp in the base model.

SuperSport_05.jpg

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Whale on the beach !

Comment

I think the ZX14R is a great do it all bike. So easy to ride smooth, best brakes in the business, comfy. What's not to like?
                  Oh yeah, it feels super light compared to my Connie.
                  KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Well, I suppose if anybody can make a monster rideable it would be Kawasaki.

Comment

I have rode with the best sport bikes out there..... they just look at me and say how did you keep up or how did u Catch us in the twistys I just smile. Peace

Comment

Sad to see the end of the Busa. A great bike. The first time I saw one on the road was seeing one in my mirror at 150mph! What a day that was.
                        ZZR Riders don't die, we just reach light speed!
                        ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

I never like the looks of the thing anyway. Now a Zed 14R, maybe one day.
                          But for right now, the ole 02 Zed still gets it done.
                          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Comment

As much as some of us don't like the Busa, gotta wonder if Kaw ever would have made the ZX 12 or ZX 14???????????

So maybe it was a necessary evil.
                            Last edited by BIG O; 12-23-2018, 09:19 PM.
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                              But for right now, the ole 02 Zed still gets it done.
                              Yep, mine runs better than ever!

I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X