• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busa ends production

https://jalopnik.com/suzuki-ends-pro...ter-1830970250

Suzuki is up to something.
    Sin's a good mans brother.

Comment

The end of an era. I often thought of purchasing a Busa but I could never quite fall in love with the looks of the bike. I know there have been a few riders set theirs up for sport-touring duty including a few of the "real deal" long distance / iron butt riders.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

First the K1300s now the Busa... I guess the zx-14 will be next? There is a die hard market for these big SPORT tourers (emphasis on sport) I hate seeing them being killed off.

Brad
        Last edited by KAT; 12-10-2018, 11:49 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I actually liked the looks of the Busa. At one time I was considering a 2009 Limited Edition model.

I thought that bike had one of the classier Busa color schemes.
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

From my perspective, I'm not surprised really. There is no comfort riding on a park bench, even if it is one of the fastest park benches. Is Suzi up to something, I think they are, but not in the sense of a sport touring model to compete with the SX or even an FJR for that matter. I would expect to see something as a replacement for the V-Strom that will compete more (read that as compete better) with the bimmers XR, Duc's big Multistrada, etc, in what the industry is calling "sport touring". Will the ZX14R be next to die? No doubt. Insurance, market share, real demand (not anticipated), technology (arguable really), and other aspects are degrading the ZX's appeal. 2018 and 2019 are only offered in SE models....just a sign of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by KAT View Post
              First the K1300s now the Busa... I guess the zx-14 will be next? There is a die hard market for these big SPORT tourers (emphasis on sport) I hate seeing them being killed off.

Brad
              Seems like both the motorcycle as well as the automobile industries are going for smaller displacement models.

The auto industry is getting CRAZY horsepower numbers through the use of turbo (in some cases twin turbo) as well as superchargers on small 4 and 6 cylinder engines. My wife's car is cranking out 400 hp with a twin turbo 3.0 six cylinder!

Hell even the new Ford GT is using a twin turbo six!

Blasphemy in my book.

Wonder if Kawasaki is doing the ground work for replacing their big bore bikes with turbos and superchargers? They do have the H2 and the H2 SX already.

Personally I'd like to see them use the supercharger that they use on their 1500cc Jet Ski Ultra 310 X on a ZX 14

That thing would be wicked!!!
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I agree Suzuki has something behind the curtain.....i remember when the first GSXR showed up what a beautiful bike it was then.

Comment

I bet Suzuki has plans to build another larger cc rocket. I can't imagine them not keeping a big 4cyl on the market.
                  The 1st Gen Busa models look so much better than the late models. The tail section on later models is fugly and those analog gauges suck.
                  Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    I actually liked the looks of the Busa. At one time I was considering a 2009 Limited Edition model.

I thought that bike had one of the classier Busa color schemes.
                    I agree - that was the best looking Busa that they made. The pearlescent white just worked with the lines of the bike!!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I have been wondering about the future of the ZX14R as well. Now entering its 7th year of production since the bored-out 1443 cc monster was unleashed, it is getting long in the tooth. But if frustrated would-be 'Busa buyers turn to the maximum Ninja for their big-bore fix, maybe sales will increase and production will continue. But not for long, I think. That's okay, I got mine!
                      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

More here.

The superbike in its current form does not comply with Euro 4 emission limits. These norms, along with a bunch of other regulations, came into force in Europe on 1 January 2016. However, all vehicle manufacturers were given a grace period of two years to clear their stock of non-compliant vehicles. That grace period ends on 31 December, 2018, after which the Hayabusa cannot be sold legally as a new bike in Europe. However, the bike will continue to be sold in the USA till stocks last.
                        I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                          I have been wondering about the future of the ZX14R as well. Now entering its 7th year of production since the bored-out 1443 cc monster was unleashed, it is getting long in the tooth. But if frustrated would-be 'Busa buyers turn to the maximum Ninja for their big-bore fix, maybe sales will increase and production will continue. But not for long, I think. That's okay, I got mine!
                          I think the ZX14R is about to shuffle off as well. It's clear the H2 family is Kawasaki's hyperbike future, and even the sport-touring SX model is just an ECU flash away from 235WHP

Comment

That and the choice of bikes of the Millennial / Gen Z generation is a lot different then us boomers, they
                            don't get (understand) bikes like the 14 / Busa at all.........

GROM_01_0.jpg

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

The hyperbike wars are long over and I doubt we will see the turbo wars. If you want a shiny new ZX14, don't wait too long.
                              "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                              99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                              X