Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil filter change and downloadable shop manual.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter change and downloadable shop manual.

Hi. It might seem like a dumb one to ask, but If i have synthetic oil in the bike, and want to change the filter only, by removing it, will it drain all the oil out of the engine?

While at it, does anyone have a downloadable shop manual for the zzr1200, thanks.
    Last edited by jeepee27; 09-02-2018, 04:58 AM.

You wont lose all of the oil out of then engine as there are TWO drain plugs also.

However, I don't know how much you will lose.

It might be such a significant amount that you might as well do the entire oil change.

Give it a try and measure how much you lost would be my suggestion.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Use a clean catch pan and pour it back into the bike.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

No, it won't drain. You just lose what's in the filter.

I did this once to replace a leaking O-ring.
        "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Ok thanks guys..

Comment

KAWASAKI ZZR1200 Service Manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/37...i-Zzr1200.html

I was able to download the 496 page manual just now. Virus scan was clean. Opened fine.
            “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

counting the oil filter plug there are three oil drain plugs

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
                KAWASAKI ZZR1200 Service Manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/37...i-Zzr1200.html

I was able to download the 496 page manual just now. Virus scan was clean. Opened fine.
                Thanks for the link! I have the paper copy but its nice to have an electronic copy on the computer!
                Current Bikes - ZZR1200, KLR650, DR350S, CR125R
                Past Bikes - GS1000L, KZ900, CB550F, RM125, Tote Gote

Comment

Originally posted by gpm1us View Post

Thanks for the link! I have the paper copy but its nice to have an electronic copy on the computer!
                  Run it through OCR if you have the full version of Acrobat. Then you can word-search it!!
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

AND, if you load it into the master mechanic app, it will not only read it for you, but will make the repairs too!
                    Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66

Run it through OCR if you have the full version of Acrobat. Then you can word-search it!!
                      I uploaded a proper PDF version some time ago, which is much nicer than the scanned manual. I think the download stopped working though and someone relinked it, but I don't know where it is.

Anyway, I have it on my PC and will upload it to my Dropbox. Stay tuned.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Here is a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/we5phzombd...0-HDS.pdf?dl=0

You don't need to register or login to download it - just click the Download link at the bottom of the window.
                        Last edited by Moise; 09-14-2018, 05:25 PM.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have one for a 2017 Aprilia RSV 4 would you?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                            You wouldn't happen to have one for a 2017 Aprilia RSV 4 would you?

I'll check.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                              Here is a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/we5phzombd...0-HDS.pdf?dl=0

You don't need to register or login to download it - just click the Download link at the bottom of the window.
                              Thanks Moise. Much easier on the eyes while working on the bike.
                              Always have a go yourself. Remember that a novice built the Ark. And experts built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                              X