Got the bike shipped to Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the bike shipped to Texas

So both of my bikes showed up yesterday. The ZZR unfortunately needs a new back tire. Not the fault of the shipper, before I left California to drive here, I found I had a nail in the tire and a slow leak. So I took it out and tried the 'mushroom plug kit' that had been under the seat for the last three years.

What a piece of crap. It made the whole thing so much worse that even when I went back to the old 'ropes' and used TWO of them, the tire still leaked (just a lot slower now).

So I need to take off the rear tire and the front, drive down to Plano, and see if the Cycle Gear there has tires. Not sure if I'll get that done this week, or sometime later on. Still got a lot of stuff to move. The old house will go up for Sale around the end of September.

People are definitely a lot nicer here in Texas. I'm really glad I moved.
    Mostly Stock '03
    Support a starving author!
    www.vanstry.net

Good to hear you’re adapting nicely to the new locale.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Congrats on your successful escape Banner, where did you end up in Texas

Comment

Welcome to Texas, Banner! We ride up that way frequently (Forestburg, Tioga, Gunter, Westin, Celina). Hopefully meet up for a ride with you soon!
        2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by JimJ View Post
          Welcome to Texas, Banner! We ride up that way frequently (Forestburg, Tioga, Gunter, Westin, Celina). Hopefully meet up for a ride with you soon!
          Watch out for this Jim character - he doesn't post much.

Welcome to Tejas, Banner. I'm 5 hours away, but maybe we can do some riding when it cools off in Fall.

Lots of good roads SW of Fort Worth.

Please think about joining us for a long weekend ride in SE OK & NE Arkansas in October as well.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
            Congrats on your successful escape Banner, where did you end up in Texas
            Van Alstyne, it's about 60 miles north of Dallas, near Sherman. Right now I'm trying to get a fence contractor so I can fence around the house, so I don't have to worry about the dog when I bring him here next month. Problem is, getting a contractor who isn't already busy. May just end up having to build the fence myself (and I really hate building fences, done it waaaaaay too many times.
            Mostly Stock '03
            Support a starving author!
            www.vanstry.net

Comment

Glad the move worked out for you.

Maybe you can link up sometime in Arkansas.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

What tire is next? Kidding.

What oil?

Congrats, Banner. I love Texas.
                KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Welcome to Free America!

Check out http://www.twtex.com/ for local MC stuff.

There's a September meetup in Ponder that's a nice hour ride around the lake from you...
                  http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116112
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ? Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                  X