No announcement yet.

First Real Ride of 2018: Holy Schnitz!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Real Ride of 2018: Holy Schnitz!

Amazing, 68 degrees on March 12 here in Olympia! Two weeks ago today it snowed all day long, so this is awesome. Fortunately I was home with the afternoon free- 100 miles of decent riding accomplished. Only downer was the sand still on some roads from the bad ice-snow days. Today was also the first ride with my re-flashed ECU. Mid range hit is really stronger- and bike is now noisier at those RPM's when under heavy throttle. I will put my Delk baffles back in soon...

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Good to hear that you were able to get a ride in, Greg, and your ECU mod has made a difference!
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Is this the Schnitz $75 flash?

It's a good buy!

The extra noise you're hearing might be the removal of the 14's "safety mode" unless you got the fueling done too.
      In stock form, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, full throttle, if the bike thinks it's accelerating to fast it
      goes into safety mode by retarding the timing and closing the throttle plates. Removing safety mode
      stops timing change and leaves the throttle plates open and that can add quite a bit of noise
      just from the open throttle bodies. Safety mode is fairly noticeable at
      full throttle around 8k, it kinda feels like you are hitting the top of the power band, first few times I hit it
      I remember I kept looking at the tack and was surprised was only in the 8-9k range and felt like I was
      hitting redline or something. Schnitz took care of that!

I don't like safety modes or TC, everytime these things interfere I just get this lost feeling like
      I don't know what's going on. Old school I guess.

Can also change TC on the move now and also remembers TC setting, like Off. Doesn't set it
      back on after key off-on if you turned it off.

Fuel cut off on decel removed. Can't stand these FI bikes fuel cut.

Fans turn on 194 instead of 204

Removes speed limiter ( I need that to keep up with Spedxprt!)

and more..... Just a few things I remember and notice the most.

Glad to see spring has sprung up north and you can get riding again!

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Schnitz it is. Best $75 you can spend on this bike. I guess I will find out if the louder noise is intake or exhaust, or maybe both. I can see the exhaust being louder if the bike is allowed to burn more fuel than when restricted.
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Working...
        X