New Duc V4 Panigale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Duc V4 Panigale

Very interesting.... Need a bigger garage.....
    Ducati's technology excellence, innovative engineering solutions, new Desmosedici Stradale engine combined with advanced electronic controls. Pure adrenaline!

Agree. And a damn good raise.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Comment

They had to do something.

Couldn't get any more CC's out of the V-Twin.

V4 was definitely the way to go.

Hate the looks of the bike though.

FUGLY!

IMO.
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ducati is not concerned about racing this bike in anything but WSBK I guess, as it is an 1100 cc machine. Easy to out-power your rivals when you add a 10% displacement advantage. Unless there is a "racer special" coming that is under 1000 cc's, I guess we won't be seeing them at the race track.
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
          I guess we won't be seeing them at the race track.
          From what i understand they will be racing WSBK in 2019.

I am confused how they are going to do it though.

WSBK rules state engine displacement for 4 cylinder engines are 750-1000 cc.

2 Cylinder 850-1200 cc.

Definitely confused.

Maybe WSBK gave them some kind of exemption as they have done in the past???

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Answered my own question:

The road-going version will have a displacement of 1100cc from the V4 producing 210bhp featuring a counter-rotating crank with a twin-pulse firing order, while the racing version will be made with 1000cc in order to meet World Superbike regulations. The rev target for the racing version is set to be 14,000rmp using the desmodromic system, with the engine expected to have a greater power output while being lighter than the previous V-twin.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/88193...gine-at-misano

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
              Answered my own question:

The road-going version will have a displacement of 1100cc from the V4 producing 210bhp featuring a counter-rotating crank with a twin-pulse firing order, while the racing version will be made with 1000cc in order to meet World Superbike regulations. The rev target for the racing version is set to be 14,000rmp using the desmodromic system, with the engine expected to have a greater power output while being lighter than the previous V-twin.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/88193...gine-at-misano
              How do you think this bike compares to your RSV4?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

How do you think this bike compares to your RSV4?
                No idea.

Haven't even got a chance to ride my Aprilia due to weather.

Comment

Will put one in my garage at some point. I had the hots for a 1299 but this one takes the cake.
                  '05 ZZR 1200
                  '05 ZG 1000

Comment

Working...
                  X