Triumph Sprint GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Sprint GT

Okay, so I did it. I bought an unmolested, bone stock 2011 Triumph Sprint GT back in October with around 9,000 on the clock. Nice lookin' motorcycle. Wasn't gonna' post. I knew you guys would rag on me(grin), but I kept the ZZR. I only put 20 miles on the GT last year, 'cause the temps sucked here in Pa when I got it. I plan to take it on a little spin this year to see if it is the bike I'm going to keep or sell. If I keep it, I will sell the ZZR. I may try to catch up to the guys at the N Ga spring rally. Want to test it in the twisties and over the road. The riding position is alot like the ZZR. It has the stock seat as well as a Triumph low seat, which is what I put on it. I got the GT for a good price.
    I AM 62 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 46 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

It’s always a treat finding a great deal on a low mileage garage Queen. Variety is the spice of life. Congrats on the new ride. Post some pics of that bad boy.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Congrats on the new bike.

Hope you can make it in May.

From what I've heard the Sprint is a pretty nice ST bike.

It has the 1050 triple engine, correct?

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Big O, it does have a 1050 triple. I rented one in Utah a few years back. I liked it. I will try to post some pictures.
        I AM 62 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 46 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Had the same engine in the 2011 Speed Triple I owned. Ran pretty good. Then again, the Speed Triple is 150-200 pounds less than the ZZR or Sprint.

Not nearly the HP of the ZZR and power is delivered in a different way.

Hopefully you'll like it.

Just don't be expecting the rush that the ZZR gives you.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

As some of you recall, I had a Sprint 1050 for a couple of years after I sold the Connie. Handling was excellent- just not enough power for my bad self. I thought it was a pretty nice motorcycle, you may find it to be a keeper... unless you are an unreformed power junkie like me...
            G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I've never made any secret of my love for Triumph, especially the '08-09 Sprint ST, which I never bought. Still the damn prettiest bike ever made, if'n you ax me. The Sprint GT ain't that far behind so congrats on the 'new to you' ride. Ride her vigorously.
              Lee

Comment

My Sprint GT. I still have the ZZR, but one of these fine machines has to go. Hope this picture works.

Comment

Comment

Mmmmm - I'd say the Zed is the keeper

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post

Mmmmm - I'd say the Zed is the keeper
                      Gotta agree. A well tuned Zed is hard to beat in the ST category.

Comment

Working...
                      X