Bike for hire Australia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike for hire Australia?

W and i are looking to rent a sport-touring type motorcycle for 2 weeks, pick up in Melbourne Jan 25, 2018 and return to Sydney Jan 7. We can flex dates and places somewhat . Any ideas?

Hey Arthur - are you staying a year or are you traveling back in time? If you are staying a year I'm thinking you might want to purchase. On the other hand if you are traveling back in time you might need a Delorean. Alternatively, perhaps you have just made a typo error on your return date.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Arthur, you may also try joining and/or contacting a few of the Australian ZZR and Kawasaki Facebook groups to get suggestions.
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
        Hey Arthur - are you staying a year or are you traveling back in time? If you are staying a year I'm thinking you might want to purchase. On the other hand if you are traveling back in time you might need a Delorean. Alternatively, perhaps you have just made a typo error on your return date.
        oops...Feb 7 return (blush)

Comment

That's great Arthur!

Australia is on my and Amanda's bucket list.

However, the 24 hour, one way, flight time always spoils the idea.

Good luck with your quest
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
            What a smart ass!

I love it!

Reminds me of somebody

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

https://www.bikeroundoz.com/special_offers.asp

http://www.garnersmotorcycles.com.au...urne_bikes.htm
              Last edited by ramblin66; 12-07-2017, 10:49 AM.
              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ? Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post
                W and i are looking to rent a sport-touring type motorcycle for 2 weeks, pick up in Melbourne Jan 25, 2018 and return to Sydney Jan 7. We can flex dates and places somewhat . Any ideas?
                Bit slow replying, sorry. The one way bit may be an issue - not many places will do interstate without charging a hefty one way fee. There are plenty of BMWs available - I hired a R1200RT for a week a few years ago. They are more fun in the twisties than you'd expect. I can look up where I rented it from if you like.

Not sure what your plans are. NSW is a great place to ride - try to get to the Snowy Mountains. Some fun roads up to the skifields. Victoria is not so good - the roads aren't well maintained and the police are feral about speeding. The Great Ocean Road is worth it for sightseeing, but will be busy in summer and perhaps not the fun ride you might expect.

Make sure you're off the road well before sunset. You'll understand when you see the road kill.
                "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                99 Yamaha R1

Comment

LOL
                  Remember they drive on the other side of the road too. Having lived in Sydney for a couple years, I can tell you you'll love it, but 2 weeks isn't NEARLY enough time...
                  Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                  X