Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free..you pay shipping

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Free..you pay shipping

    So on many sites I see where guys will pass along some gear or parts for free, the reciever pays shipping and I wanted to start something like that on ZZRbikes. Great group around here and recently GBrown did that very thing for me. I will be posting up some pics of parts I really dont need but someone else might need or want. So post up what you got and help out a brother or sister Zedhead........

  • #2
    Re: Free..you pay shipping

    Cool idea Jeff. I have some unwanted Zed parts but shipping costs to the US might make it uneconomic.
    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

    06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Free..you pay shipping

      IMG_3581.jpg

      I'll be posting some other small ZZR parts over the Winter so stay tuned guys.
      Last edited by GBrown; 11-26-2014, 08:58 PM.
      Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying !!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Free..you pay shipping

        Originally posted by GBrown View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11004[/ATTACH]

        I'll be posting some other small ZZR parts over the Winter so stay tuned guys.
        If that is a right side mirror? I would be interested. shipping to 32459 let me know cost and paypal info through a private message. Thanks
        IF YOU WANT WHAT YOU'VE NEVER HAD , YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU'VE NEVER DONE........

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Free..you pay shipping

          Yepperssss.....

          It's a right side 2004 ZZR-1200 Mirror but it has a nice size road rash scuff in the plastic. Glass is clean and damage free though.
          If still interested I'll post a pic of the damage and send it your way.
          Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying !!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Free..you pay shipping

            Originally posted by GBrown View Post
            Yepperssss.....

            It's a right side 2004 ZZR-1200 Mirror but it has a nice size road rash scuff in the plastic. Glass is clean and damage free though.
            If still interested I'll post a pic of the damage and send it your way.

            Thanks for the response, I will pass.

            The previous owner of my ZZR lathered wax all over the darn plastic of the mirrors and I have wax haze within the little pores of the plastic. My mirrors are not scratched just have a less then desirable wax haze, I was trying to replace them with mirrors that have not been waxed.

            Thanks again.
            IF YOU WANT WHAT YOU'VE NEVER HAD , YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU'VE NEVER DONE........

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Free..you pay shipping

              Those inner panels are very sought after.
              KN, this ride's for You.

              http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Free..you pay shipping

                Yeppers ..............

                can't do those for the cost of shipping.


                Sorry
                Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying !!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Free..you pay shipping

                  Originally posted by GBrown View Post
                  Yeppers ..............

                  can't do those for the cost of shipping.


                  Sorry
                  Would you sell the left hand side , fuel tank sticker. I have also been chasing the left hand side clear indicator unit/Lens. Happy to purchase and pay shipping.

                  Cheers.
                  Always have a go yourself. Remember that a novice built the Ark. And experts built the Titanic.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Free..you pay shipping

                    Hi, Jeff.

                    Two questions:

                    1. Is that dark grey right side panel intact? If so, I could sure use it.

                    My 2005 came with one of the three bases completely cracked off. You could save me the job of trying to JBWeld/sculpt a new base. (By "base" I mean the part of the plastic that captures the head of the attachment screw, therefore securing the panel to the bike.)

                    Shipping to 78737.

                    2. And you wouldn't also happen to have a clutch lever, would you?

                    I learned the hard way to make sure the bike is not facing even a little bit down hill when you leave it on the side stand. And that, when the bike gets accidentally nudged off of the side stand in the driveway, the clutch lever tends to get bent. And I was a little disappointed, but not too surprised, to learn that if you try to straighten it completely, it snaps.

                    Or I might just go with a new set of black levers. Nothing too fancy. But I'm pretty sure I want to keep the long style, at least for the clutch lever, because mine has a pretty heavy action. Maybe something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-1-Pair-Mo...item3a987ba62c.

                    BTW, these beasts are pretty heavy to get up of the ground!

                    MBLiberty

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Free..you pay shipping

                      Originally posted by ZZRRRRRR View Post
                      Originally posted by GBrown View Post
                      Yeppers ..............

                      can't do those for the cost of shipping.


                      Sorry
                      Would you sell the left hand side , fuel tank sticker. I have also been chasing the left hand side clear indicator unit/Lens. Happy to purchase and pay shipping.

                      Cheers.
                      I'd love to sell it to you but shipping out of the U.S. is a no-no for me.
                      Too much hassle & paperwork.



                      Sorry
                      Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying !!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Free..you pay shipping

                        Originally posted by MBLiberty View Post
                        Hi, Jeff.

                        Two questions:

                        1. Is that dark grey right side panel intact? If so, I could sure use it.

                        My 2005 came with one of the three bases completely cracked off. You could save me the job of trying to JBWeld/sculpt a new base. (By "base" I mean the part of the plastic that captures the head of the attachment screw, therefore securing the panel to the bike.)

                        Shipping to 78737.

                        2. And you wouldn't also happen to have a clutch lever, would you?

                        I learned the hard way to make sure the bike is not facing even a little bit down hill when you leave it on the side stand. And that, when the bike gets accidentally nudged off of the side stand in the driveway, the clutch lever tends to get bent. And I was a little disappointed, but not too surprised, to learn that if you try to straighten it completely, it snaps.

                        Or I might just go with a new set of black levers. Nothing too fancy. But I'm pretty sure I want to keep the long style, at least for the clutch lever, because mine has a pretty heavy action. Maybe something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-1-Pair-Mo...item3a987ba62c.

                        BTW, these beasts are pretty heavy to get up of the ground!

                        MBLiberty
                        Hi, Jeff.

                        Regarding the "COVER-SIDE,RH,M.GRAYSTONE," part no. 36001-1669-C4, retailing at $58.02, I see a "New other" one on EBay for $20.95 shipped. And I don't know if you still have one. And if you do, I'm afraid this might be the panel you couldn't let go for shipping. So I'll probably just get that one from EBay. And BTW, to prevent confusion, I should note that I miss-remembered -- that panel does not have three "bases" to accommodate three screws, there's only one such base (along with three prongs).

                        I also just ordered a polished EMGO clutch lever from Amazon for $11.52 shipped (Kawasaki part no. 13236-1282).
                        Maybe I'll go black some other time.

                        MBLiberty

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Free..you pay shipping

                          Originally posted by MBLiberty View Post
                          Originally posted by MBLiberty View Post
                          Hi, Jeff.

                          Two questions:

                          1. Is that dark grey right side panel intact? If so, I could sure use it.

                          My 2005 came with one of the three bases completely cracked off. You could save me the job of trying to JBWeld/sculpt a new base. (By "base" I mean the part of the plastic that captures the head of the attachment screw, therefore securing the panel to the bike.)

                          Shipping to 78737.

                          2. And you wouldn't also happen to have a clutch lever, would you?

                          I learned the hard way to make sure the bike is not facing even a little bit down hill when you leave it on the side stand. And that, when the bike gets accidentally nudged off of the side stand in the driveway, the clutch lever tends to get bent. And I was a little disappointed, but not too surprised, to learn that if you try to straighten it completely, it snaps.

                          Or I might just go with a new set of black levers. Nothing too fancy. But I'm pretty sure I want to keep the long style, at least for the clutch lever, because mine has a pretty heavy action. Maybe something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-1-Pair-Mo...item3a987ba62c.

                          BTW, these beasts are pretty heavy to get up of the ground!

                          MBLiberty
                          Hi, Jeff.

                          Regarding the "COVER-SIDE,RH,M.GRAYSTONE," part no. 36001-1669-C4, retailing at $58.02, I see a "New other" one on EBay for $20.95 shipped. And I don't know if you still have one. And if you do, I'm afraid this might be the panel you couldn't let go for shipping. So I'll probably just get that one from EBay. And BTW, to prevent confusion, I should note that I miss-remembered -- that panel does not have three "bases" to accommodate three screws, there's only one such base (along with three prongs).

                          I also just ordered a polished EMGO clutch lever from Amazon for $11.52 shipped (Kawasaki part no. 13236-1282).
                          Maybe I'll go black some other time.

                          MBLiberty
                          MB, I haven't posted any stuff yet, the panel was from GB to me replacing one that has two switch aux switch holes in it. Ill get some picks of my stuff up hopefully this weekend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Free..you pay shipping

                            Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                            MB, I haven't posted any stuff yet, the panel was from GB to me replacing one that has two switch aux switch holes in it. Ill get some picks of my stuff up hopefully this weekend
                            Doh! Sorry, Jeff. I was barking up the wrong tree.
                            I saw your post at the top, and somehow still had you in mind when I saw the pic GB posted.

                            Anyway, thank you for your idea, and thanks to GB for offering some goodies.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Free..you pay shipping

                              FWIW, the new EMGO clutch lever from Amazon/SVS Powersports ($11.52 shipped, Kawasaki part no. 13236-1282) arrived today. What quick shipping!
                              So I just installed it, and it fits great!
                              And my clutch feels much better, to boot! The pull isn't heavy anymore! And nice and smooth.
                              I might even call it light -- but I'll wait until it gets more than just a quick-around-the-block test drive for the final verdict on that.

                              And I made a $10 offer (plus $6 for shipping) on that side panel on Ebay, and it was accepted!

                              Happy Friday!
                              Mike

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X