X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted stock exhaust for ZZR1200

Let me know what you have available.
    Thanks!

Full system, but too pricey for shipping to you.
    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Well I found some of the mufflers in good shape, now I just need an exhaust header in good shape.

Comment

I've seen decent OEM headers for Zeds on fleabay.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by jobbyjim View Post
          Well I found some of the mufflers in good shape, now I just need an exhaust header in good shape.
          I will look in my attic. I may have one.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
          http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Yes, I still have the stock headers off of my 2003 ZZR1200. I pulled them off when swapping to a full exhaust.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

My zip is 14450. If their dent and damage free can you work out a price & shipping for me?
              Thankyou.

Comment

My zip is 14450. If their dent and damage free can you work out a price & shipping for me?
                Thankyou.
                Well, a rough shipping estimate with UPS Ground is over $100. So, I am looking into other options. Otherwise, this may not be worth it to you.
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Agreed. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                    Well, a rough shipping estimate with UPS Ground is over $100. So, I am looking into other options. Otherwise, this may not be worth it to you.
                    I've used Shipnex.com to ship stuff before and their price was competitive. Post the estimated weight and dimensions and I'll get a price for you?

Also, I have never verified this myself but I have heard that Fastenal will move things store to store for a reasonable price.
                    "Here's to our men in uniform. ALL uniforms." Maximus
                    "If you can't get it done on a ZZR1200, you can't get it done on a 14 either." CrazyTrain
                    "If the space shuttle didn't keep exploding it would be a pretty good space ship." helodoc
                    "Re: Turbo-Connie: It had to be done...
                    Like putting a solid-fuel rocket booster on a wheelchair." Danno

Comment

All set now, request cancelled.

Comment

Does that mean you now have all the pieces you want?

Comment

Yes, the mufflers were $108 delivered. They were new takeoffs. The header came to $88 dollars delivered. No dents or damage. I think I did real good. What prompted me to secure a stock system is the new New York (fascist) law restricting modified exhausts on bikes and cagers from even being inspected. The bike shops around here won't risk losing their inspection license to overlook a modified exhaust. They have posted large signs on their doors saying as much. Furthermore, cops can write a ticket, on the spot, if they pull you over and notice the system isn't stock. That means a fine of $1000. Democrats control the NY Senate, Representatives, and Governor's office. One of their greatest accomplishments in the last 6 months was passing a law that made it illegal to discriminate against somebody because of their hair.

Comment

Good deals!

Democrats control the NY Senate, Representatives, and Governor's office. One of their greatest accomplishments in the last 6 months was passing a law that made it illegal to discriminate against somebody because of their hair.
                            What a PITA. Obviously they don't ride motorcycles. What about hair pieces - they are obviously not "OEM".

How will the cops know that headers aren't stock? Unrestricted Black Widow headers go a long way to making the bike run better.
                            Are you waiting for the mid-terms to change laws back again?

Comment

The headers they wont know. I had to get the correct header because my current setup is a 4 into 1 with a Micron can. The mufflers are easy to tell. Most of the aftermarket cans are emblazoned with the manufacturers name. The stock cans are stamped with Kawasaki. There is no voting the Democrats out. NY is controlled by the large, densely populated NY City which ALWAYS votes overwhelmingly for them. Upstate (where I am) largely votes Republican, but not enough to overtake the downstate voters. Throw in the teachers' and public servant unions bloc votes for the Dems and their grasp of power across the board is insured. I promise no more political speech. Just wanted others to be aware of what happened lest it befall the state where they live.

Comment

Working...
                              X