Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD- 2016 FJR1300A for sale- Stuart, FL 34990

https://treasure.craigslist.org/mcy/...332597916.html

My 2016 FJR1300A is up for sale. I've posted the craigslist link and pictures are available within the link. If you're interested, lemme know via PM or through the contact info on the c-list link.

Thanks!
    Lee
    Last edited by spectreman; 06-19-2021, 09:23 AM.

Sold!

Comment

What’s next Lee?

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

After much consternation, research and whatnot, I fell upon a used/low mileage '21 Z900RS in the green/yellow combo this am, mere hours after selling my FJR1300A. Absolutely unintentional to do so too. My plan was to take the day or week off from moto-shopping but for some unknown reason (lack of self-control, perhaps?), I opened up cycletrader and blammo, there it was, a mere 3 counties away. The dealership had taken the bike in on trade only a day earlier and had just posted it to cycletrader this morning. Funny cuz I was talking on the phone yday w/a ZRXOA buddy about his brandy new Z900RS which he had just picked up in Ocala.

So I figured this had to be kismet- no way would this have happened w/out some form of fate stepping in and whispering in my ear. I mean, a low mileage used '21 model? Doesn't happen. Fate, right? That's what I convinced myself of and sanity went pretty much out the window. I never do things impulsively and yet here I was, acting like Captain Impulsive.

So I call the joint, get a salesguy, ask him to give me their best out the door price, we dicker a bit over the phone, pretty much split the difference and almost have a deal. I tell him to give me a few minutes, want to consult w/my fellow Z900RS folks, and I'd call him back. He tells me they'd already rec'd. a number of inquiries about the bike before I called and not to dilly. He expects the bike to go before close of business, perhaps Monday at the latest. (Sure, I'm thinking to myself and I'm the Queen of England.)

While I'm dithering, two mopes walk in to the shop and try to buy the damn bike. The sale's guy starts texting me furiously, then sends me a picture of another salesguy w/said mopes and told me to send him my credit card info ASAP so we could put a deposit on the bike. I did and then... it all goes dead. No communication, no texts, phone calls. I figured I was screwed.

The other mopes were going to pay full price whereas I had done my usual negotiating (although I still didn't get the deal I wanted) but still, we had agreed in principle on price. Well, the other salesguy has been at the shop for decades- I know him and tried to work a deal w/him decades ago and walked away cuz he was such a deek- but he tried to pull rank on the junior salesman. He drags my salesguy into the office and starts arguing w/him but my guy is fighting for his commission so in comes the manager.

Took about 20m to clear it all up but I ended up winning and the other mopes left the dealership. Boom, done. But always with the unnecessary drama.

Yes, I had been shopping this bike along w/with the '20 Ninja 1000 and '19-20 Tracer 900 GT and honestly, it was not my top pick of the three. I've regaled those reasons elsewhere. I truly think fate stepped in today to guide me to this bike, for whatever reason and who am I to argue. Gonna be so different from the FJR, going to be a lot of re-accommodating to a UJM from a full-on ST. But I'm looking forward to it and modding the bike to fit my riding needs. Hope to pick it up Tuesday. Woo hoo!
        Attached Files

Comment

same color scheme as my old 1974 900

Comment

Ayup, similar but I think the green has more sparkle in it. When the root beer/orange color combo was first released, I was enamored as it reminded me of my first bike, a '74 KZ400, but that color combo has really gone flat on me. I like this green/yellow much better.

Comment

I love the bike! My mechanic has one just like it. I’m not a fan of the mirrors though. I think a nice set of bar end mirrors might look much cleaner. In my mind they would match the old school look of the bike much better. Let the farkling begin.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Oh yeah, the mirrors gotta go, fer sure- freakin' Mickey Mouse ears hanging out there. Bar ends tho? Not likely as I'll probably put heavier bar end weights on, as well as a throttle lock. I'm thinking something a little more angular without being too plain- we'll see.

Comment

Old school aesthetics with current tech and build. Nice! A beauty. Love the colors.

Congrats!
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Ayup- some of the ZRX guys asked me why I didn't just buy another ZRX and that's exactly how I responded. Besides, been there, done that- twice.

Comment

A friend of mine was in the market for a Z 900RS.

However, he couldn't get the deal done in a timely manner so he went with a 2020 Z 900 instead.

If I were in the market, I'd go this route. Love the color scheme and the bikini fairing!

Congrats on the new bike Lee
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

The sparkle black Z900RS really pops in the light but it lacks the polished wheel lips which I think are super good looking. Still, if I could've found one in my range/locale, I would've considered it.

Now the Z900? Not a chance. Different generation of riders are buying those and I'm not one of them. Solid bike but an acquired taste.

One of my riding buddies has a Z900RS Cafe; slightly different riding position than the Z900RS and the fairing is really more for show than anything else. He & I swapped bikes for about 30 miles, did some back roads and I enjoyed it. I'm guessing I'll enjoy mine as much. I plan on getting this bikini fairing from chic design in Japan and adding it to my bike.

rc99_z900rs_tiger_slant_l.jpg

Comment

IMG_2233.jpg

Picked her up this AM. Since it was a cash deal, the paperwork was minimal. I was in/out of the dealership in about 20m.

Folks, I gotta say that this may likely be the most beautiful bike I've ever owned, a true jewel. I've found many of my former bikes attractive but this one just sings to me. That color combo, especially in the sunlight, absolutely pops. The proportions of the bike are about as perfect as can be. It looks like what I think a motorcycle should look like. I just love the wheels.

Performance-wise I'm very happy too. The engine has plenty of power for me and is very responsive. I love the light weight (relative to the former FJR) and the brakes work well, although the rear feels a little dull/wooden. Other than potentially flashing the computer at some time in the future (the bike is under warranty until Mar2022) they'll be no power mods. I love the way the OE exhaust sounds and the intake howls when you get on it like no other bike I've owned.

The seating position is about perfect for my frame. Although it lacks the FJR's bodywork, I didn't mind it one bit on the long, hot, wet ride home. I might've exceeded the speed limit too and yet the wind moved around me gently. I was amazed I wasn't more tired when I got home but honestly, it just felt right.

My right shoulder sang the entire ride home. I think a throttle lock will help deal with much of that issue. I've already got the mod list completed and will start immediately.

Overall, I'm tickled pink w/the bike. She's a keeper and I'm thinking of naming her Kismet/Kizmet or Fate because of the way I found her.
                          Lee
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very cool bike. I too love the "old look" with the modern design combo. The exhaust is perfect.
                            Some of these new bikes look like they're have a contest who can make one the biggest and ugliest.
                            This bike looks great, I'll bet it's a blast to ride too.
                            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Working...
                            X