Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can talk .....

PostWhore.jpg
    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
      You can talk .....

PostWhore.jpg
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Uh, has this thread been hijacked? Still looking to move the slip-ons.

Comment

Well, I tried.....
          Instead I bought new from Black Widow in the UK.
          Shipping from the UK with UPS is AUD$127, or US$94.
          Last edited by BillDownUnder; 08-30-2020, 04:03 AM.
          Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Hi there, I’m a new guy here in this forum. I just bought a neglected 2003 ZZR1200 with 14800 miles from a coworker last Sunday and I’m in the process of getting it more up to date on maintenance and maybe upgrades. I saw this thread about black widow exhaust and I’m interested in buying it. Do I have to get the carbs adjusted if I install this slip on? Sorry I’m not really a mechanic just trying to be a diy on what I can do to the bike. Ryoshi

Comment

Even with the stock exhaust the ZZR12 runs a little lean in spots. The fix is fairly is fairly simple, just time consuming. With slipons that are less restrictive the bike will likely run even a little more lean w/o the carb tune.

The fix: Set the air/fuel mixtures to 2 and 1/4 turns out from closed. And with Black Widows, probably 2 x .20 washers under each needle. This has been the sim;le fix for a lot guys on this forum. It certainly worked for me when I put on some Holeshot slipons on my bike.

If your bike has been sitting for long periods, and displays any misbehavoir from the engine, it is likely the carbs. A thourough going over (cleaning) is the only way you will get it to run right.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Comment

It would be a good idea if you started a new thread to keep focus on your progress.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the carb and the welcoming. I wanted to see if I can get this slip ons and then have the carb serviced and adjusted by a pro with the new exhaust. I’ll start a new thread with my bike eventually. Should I try to send a direct message to the seller? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoshi View Post
                    Thanks for the tip about the carb and the welcoming. I wanted to see if I can get this slip ons and then have the carb serviced and adjusted by a pro with the new exhaust. I’ll start a new thread with my bike eventually. Should I try to send a direct message to the seller? Thanks
                    I would.

Comment

Ryoshi, I just sent you a pm regarding the slip-ons. And yes, I added two shim washers (totaled just under 1mm) under each carb needle and that has worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X