Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 ZZR 1200 for sale $1900

Hello All!
    Sad news. Gotta let my 2002 ZZR 1200 go to a better place. Has 55K miles & still plenty to go. Jetted the carbs to 160. Installed shorty exhaust pipes. Great growling sounds on the exhaust. She pulls & PULLS! Taken on many a road trips. Someone shld be taking this bike on the road soon. I’m offering this bike for $1900 OBO. Reach out soon. Thanks

Maybe post up some pics.

You still in South Carolina?
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Pics please
      sigpic

Comment

More Pics will be coming. Work as FF/EMT so been a little busy. Thanks.

Comment

1. Yes. Still in SC. Charleston to be exact

Comment

Looks like a 2003, with the dark paint.

Great bikes. GLWS

Comment

From the pic the bike appears to be in good, fairly unmolested condition.

Still has the original rear fender

That's usually the first thing to go
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

If it were fuel injected, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  If it were fuel injected, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
                  Jump in - the water is fine

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                  ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post

Jump in - the water is fine
                    I swore off carbureted bikes after my '98 ZX-6R. After tasting FI with my '06 ZX-6R, I just can't bear to go back. Maybe if it were some exotic, rare bike, but I'm just not interested in the maintenance requirements of the ZZR1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

I swore off carbureted bikes after my '98 ZX-6R. After tasting FI with my '06 ZX-6R, I just can't bear to go back. Maybe if it were some exotic, rare bike, but I'm just not interested in the maintenance requirements of the ZZR1200.
                      What he said.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Yes. Fell the same way. Hv a Speed Triple now. That fuel injection is a blessing.

Comment

Loads of bike for the money. Fastest carbed bike ever built.
                          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                            Loads of bike for the money. Fastest carbed bike ever built.
                            Faster than the carbed, unrestricted Blackbird?

I did enjoy the mighty Zed, put a smile on my face everytime I opened it up.

I'm still riding the 99 R1, which is carbed. I serviced the carbs a few years ago and it runs really well. No E10 ever, and I add some Redline fuel system cleaner every few tanks.

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

This is great value for someone. I never had issues with my carbureted ZZR even though it got parked for 5 or 6 months a year due to Cdn winters. I always ran non ethanol fuel and started it a few times each winter and that was it. I just prefer fuel injection these days. Someone should buy this.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X