• Show
Clear All
  • vacaed
    King Ednerd the Third
    Censor
    • Apr 2005

Old Girl Has To Go

Ladles and Jellyspoons,
    At long last and with a heavy heart it is time to let my trusty steed retire.
    The Details: 2004 ZZR 1200 with about 110,000 miles on her.
    5th gear is toast and possibly 6th. Very mild cam pitting.
    Has a Carroziera front wheel. Rear wheel broke long ago. Stock one on the rear now.
    Throttlemeisters. Zero Gravity screen. Staintunes exhaust and I have an extra set of the same.
    Block off kit. Pretty new chain and sprockets.
    Has Corbin seat that is starting to come apart.
    Plastics are rashed thanks to a couple of idiots.
    Needs new brakes and rotors and several other items. Better to find a trailer queen like one of BigO's bikes than repair.

Bottom line the bike is sitting in my daughter's garage in Tracy, CA and I want to get it out of there.
    Only condition is you have to take the whole thing, no parting out.
    I don't really care if I get anything for it but if someone wants to throw me a few bones for it I won't turn you down.
    There's a few parts on her that came from other members on this site from the goodness of their heart when I needed them and I have helped others whenever I could.

Whoever takes her will need to fill out the paperwork and send it to me for my signature.

Totaled my first Zed and this is an identical replacement. Together I have put over 140,000 totally enjoyable miles on my bikes.
    This is a great site with some great people on it. Not going away.
    sigpic
  • BIG O
    Imperator
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by vacaed View Post
    Better to find a trailer queen like one of BigO's bikes than repair.

Not going away.
    Piss off Ed!

Damn!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• gpz900r
      Military Tribune
      • Jun 2007

How long do I have to come pick her up, Ed?
      <div>Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of the country air...Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
      </div>

Comment

• jimmymac
        H2 SX rider
        Imperator
        • Jun 2003

Hi Ed!
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• CrazyTrain
          Imperator
          Imperator
          • Sep 2002

Sadness ...

Are you going to replace her, Ed?

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

Comment

• dondiego
            Quaestor
            • Aug 2004

Looks like you got your moneys worth.
            I have greatly enjoyed your friendship on this site and hope you will never leave.
            Hope someone will find great use for what you have offered.
            Sin's a good mans brother.

Comment

• vacaed
              King Ednerd the Third
              Censor
              • Apr 2005

gpz900r, plenty of time. The sooner the better but she's been sitting there for three years so no rush.

sigpic

Comment

• vacaed
                King Ednerd the Third
                Censor
                • Apr 2005

BigO.
                sigpic

Comment

• vacaed
                  King Ednerd the Third
                  Censor
                  • Apr 2005

CrazyTrain, That's a good question and one I've struggled with. Before I reconnected with my childhood sweetheart and asked her to marry me I would have been content to spend my days with my daughter and granddaughter and RIDING!!!
                  Now that I have a considerably shorter riding season, lots of critters, no lane sharing, and a 3 mile commute I'm not sure. Also no place to keep the bike inside as I am currently living in an apartment. Next year I hope to buy a house and then we'll see.
                  However this area could really use some more quality bikes as we are hopelessly outnumbered by ghey pirate ships! NTTAWWT(the ghey part that is)

My sweetheart had a bad experience with her ex. She bought him a pirate ship with her inheritance and he started spending all his spare time riding instead of being with her and her daughter. This led to him trading in that one and getting a more expensive pirate ship with many farkles.
                  She is very concerned that I would do the same.
                  She walked by when I started this post and saw me looking at BigO's newest trailer queen and later said "would you be happy with a Jeep'?
                  sigpic

Comment

• vacaed
                    King Ednerd the Third
                    Censor
                    • Apr 2005

Hi Jimmy!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• vacaed
                      King Ednerd the Third
                      Censor
                      • Apr 2005

dondiego, yes I definitely got my money's worth but no comparison to the friends I have made and the camaraderie shared with you people thanks to this site.

sigpic

Comment

• BIG O
                        Imperator
                        • Nov 2005

She walked by when I started this post and saw me looking at BigO's newest trailer queen and later said "would you be happy with a Jeep'?
                        At least I have a trailer queen

A Jeep

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• gpz900r
                          Military Tribune
                          • Jun 2007

gpz900r, plenty of time. The sooner the better but she's been sitting there for three years so no rush.

Thanks Ed,
                          My nephew is in Santa Clarita and he is going to try and get up there. How does he go about access etc?
                          <div>Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of the country air...Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
                          </div>

Comment

• vacaed
                            King Ednerd the Third
                            Censor
                            • Apr 2005

It's in my daughter's garage. Let me know what he has in mind for dates/times and I will talk to my daughter and connect the two.
                            sigpic

Comment

• gpz900r
                              Military Tribune
                              • Jun 2007

It's in my daughter's garage. Let me know what he has in mind for dates/times and I will talk to my daughter and connect the two.
                              Sounds good. I will see if he can work out next weekend.
                              </div>

Comment

Working...
                              X