This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SOLD* 2004 zzr1200

Health issues caught up with me. My back is toast, and heart problems all in the last two years. 2004 ZZR1200 with 18K miles.Custom solo seat by Lucarelli with adjustable lumbar (hand bulb), New battery, new windshield, 2500 miles on new Oring chain front and rear sprockets, front brake pads, and Michelin tires front and back.That is all I was able to ride in last two seasons. Givi luggage, handlebars are raised up for a more upright riding position, HID headlight, LED everywhere else, carbon can. This bike is a hoot to ride. I have the stock Kaw seat for it and a repair CD. $4,000 Rick 41nine34five00six0
    2004 ZZR1200. Custom solo seat by Lucarelli. HID  LED all the lighting.
    Last edited by amlehnus; 09-30-2018, 07:54 PM.

Ohio?
    "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Originally posted by amlehnus View Post
      Ohio?
      Yes, NW Ohio

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump for Friday

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Thanks Crazy Train. Starting pain shots in my spine on Tuesday and appointment with neurosurgeon on 28Sept. Of all the bikes I have had I like this one best but it hurts just to sit now and riding is worse. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! I'll miss it when it's gone.

Comment

Nice looking bike.

Really like the black and white color scheme.

Sorry you are having to sell.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

It often passes for a BMW to the uninformed observer. One guy couldn't believe it wasn't so I played along. Told him it was a grey market bike that came through Canada when BMW built a few prototypes with chain drive to test the market. We were at Stockton, Michigan at the all makes rally. He went to get his buddy who was a self proclaimed BMW guru so I took off!

Comment

Originally posted by Friday1 View Post
                  It often passes for a BMW to the uninformed observer. One guy couldn't believe it wasn't so I played along. Told him it was a grey market bike that came through Canada when BMW built a few prototypes with chain drive to test the market. We were at Stockton, Michigan at the all makes rally. He went to get his buddy who was a self proclaimed BMW guru so I took off!
                  Ahh, I would have ran with it!

We had a member on here (BradleyRas) that attached a Mercedes emblem on the front fairing above the headlight.

You wouldn't believe all of the peoples chain's he pulled with that one
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ha ha that's funny. Usually that guy that thinks he knows it all is easiest to fool.
                    Had the first pain shot in my spine this morning. Today was the first time in months I was able to walk upright and sleep when I laid down. I have 2 more shots in the series and then more in my neck. I know it is just temporary. Probably will have to get surgery to correct either one. I am looking forward to a good night's sleep. With the pain about 3-4 hours max and that wears an old guy out after a couple months. We had to cancel a trip out west in our 1961 GM bus. It was all ready to go but the food for a 3 week trip before the back went south.

Comment

Back issues aren't no joke.

I was having issues with my left neck/shoulder area. If I turned my head left or right I would get a zinger down my left arm. Would wake up every few hours at night to switch sides to help pain.

After 20 sessions to a chiropractor I'm doing well now.

Hope the shots work for the long term.

Comment

Had an MRI on my back and neck. Doc is looking at the neck shot and he asks me "When did you have fusion surgery on your neck?" NEVER I told him. He lifts my long beard inspecting the front of my neck. "You have two vertebrae perfectly fused!" Probably why the neck won't turn all the way anymore. Saved myself $20K in surgical fees. LOL First pain shot is starting to wear off and it was a short night last night. Next pain shot is eight days away. My German Shepherd knows and he sticks to me like glue.
                        I was seeing a kneisiologist (like a chiropractor but they hurt you more) but he doesn't do Medicare anymore. Guy is the best in town. He is like an absent minded professor but knows how to alleviate pain. I was a mechanic for a big city fire department for thirty years and he worked on most of the firemen at one time or another. Have had some visits with my wife's chiropractor but he is not a magician like the old guy was.
                        We did Tai Chi at home but the twisting was making the pain worse. The wife is getting frustrated it has messed the summer up, but not much we can do at this point. Appointment in two weeks with a neurosurgeon to discuss options.

Comment

Sorry for the difficulties - but I love the bus and the dog!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
                            Sorry for the difficulties - but I love the bus and the dog!
                            We love the bus and dog too. The previous owner had the bus 20 years so it came with tons of history and all applicable manuals and info on all on board systems. There were 3 offers on the bus but he sold it to me knowing I would keep it going. Antique buses are made to go over a million miles when seated and making money for a bus line and GM really did a great job on the design and execution but still you have to keep up on the repairs and know how to fix it. Or have really deep pockets. Everything on the motor is gear drive-fuel and water pumps, alternator, air compressor etc so I have spares on board and tools to install them. A bus like this is much safer than a stick and staple fiberglass late model one. It has eight air bag suspension and rides like on a cloud. The model is a PD4106 and they were all aluminum aircraft type construction with no frame but bulkheads and riveted skin. There are just a couple pieces of steel in the whole bus other than the front and rear axles and suspension. 4106's were considered the sportscar of the bus world due to the light weight. Here's a shot of the inside looking back to the bedroom

Comment

+1 on loving the bus (and dog).
                              Sorry to hear about the spine issues. Getting older isn't for sissies.
                              I hope you get things sorted and mend quickly.

Have a buddy that was experiencing pain in his neck and went for those sub-dura shots.
                              By the third shot he was in pretty good shape. Lasted him 2 years before he needed another round.
                              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                              X