09 flashedECU Swap to 010zx14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 flashedECU Swap to 010zx14

Curious of input for a deal I'm looking aT.friend of mind trading in his 09 for leftover 2015 model.He is looking to deal with me on me buying his ECU which was flashed to match his full yosi system and K&N filter.no other mods.My 010 model just has 2 BroSlips & K&N filter. So he wants my stock ECU & little xtra$ for the swap. I'm not totally comfortable with doing this deal without keeping my stock ECU.His flashed unit has been great for him and made him happy.But I keep thinking of everything from match up to my bike to even just running richer. While I do have access to a PC3 USB I have yet to ever install as it is a older unit and I'm also unexperienced setting it up.Curious if anyone has any input or suggestions as I dwell over this deal.I will be buying a full shim kit,plugs and a vc gasket as he felt he would be doing a valve adjust but now will not. Open to any input you guys may have as I think this over.Thanks,DeWayne
    sigpic

Re: 09 flashedECU Swap to 010zx14

I wouldn't do it DeWayne.

A full Yosh system is going to run much different than your 2 Bros slip on system. That's why he reflashed his ECU. With a PowerCommander you can download different maps as well as adjust your ratios. With a reflashed ECU you are stuck with what's in it. Not to mention you could put the bike back to stock with your Power Commander by remapping and then pulling it off the bike if you want to trade it in.

I'm guessing he is wanting to trade you because his bike isn't going to be worth much on a trade in with a reflashed ECU. All kinds of warranty issues there.

This guy is a friend???

JMHO

Good luck,

Mike
    Last edited by BIG O; 06-25-2016, 01:14 AM.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Thanks Mike.He is a friend and actually the dealer hasnt known or ask bout the ECU as hes in SC not Va/Tn area..i ve yet to plug in the pc3 i have as i hadnt experienced setting one up.i wanna....but jus need to find correct map and try it...????

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by holtff1074 View Post
        Thanks Mike.He is a friend and actually the dealer hasnt known or ask bout the ECU as hes in SC not Va/Tn area..i ve yet to plug in the pc3 i have as i hadnt experienced setting one up.i wanna....but jus need to find correct map and try it...????

Yeah, you'll most likely have to play around with different maps.

However, since you only have slip on's you shouldn't need a Power Commander to retune anything.

You raelly only need a power Commander if you re running a full system.

JMHO.

We'll see what others have to say..................
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Send your ECU to Schnitz and get it flashed for $75

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...ki-zx14-12-15/

It's hard to find anybody that's got anything bad to say about the Schnitz flash.
          I'm hoping it eliminates the fuel cut off too. Doesn't say so but I'm going to
          call and find out for sure.

Other then that does about everything I want to do....

Kawasaki ZX14R (12-15) Reflash Features:
          • Increased Rev Limiter to 11,500 RPM (+500rpm from stock)
          • Top Speed Limiter Removed
          • Secondary Fly's will open more aggressively to give noticeable power gains below 5,000 RPM
          • Traction Control Set to Retain Last Setting (Great for those who hate turning that $hit back off every time you turn the key on) *You still have full adjustment and use of the traction control settings.
          • Safety Mode Completely Disabled to Prevent Power Loss Under Hard Acceleration (This does not effect your select mode switch)
          • Stock O2 Sensor Disabled
          • Radiator Fans Set to come on at 90*C (194*F)

I'm sending my ECU in next month while I do the valves.

If you want to mess with fuel control (PC) the best is to find
          a local tuner who will throw it on the Dyno and adjust the A/F and
          create your own map(s) then it will be tuned to your bike.

Around here a tuner is around $75 an hour.
          Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

I have dwelled over schnitz for sometime.being concerned to avoid running rich i have held off even takng them up on their $75 bargain.i do plan sending another ecu i just got my hands on chesp which is a good unit and have them flash it.I have tried some local sources to do a hands on adjust if i installed the PC3,but dont like their dyno + adjustment cost.Difficult to justified on a bike thats almost pure stock.i take small steps on doing any mods just incase i make a move for a 2nd gen.No reason to invest more than i can get return on if i ever trade.@60+yrs i always concern myself with just how far i do the sportbike option.I know while im pretty slow on the bike,i absolutely love it and the feel on these bikes suits me fine.Best i have felt since my KZ"s!

sigpic

Comment

I have dwelled over schnitz for sometime.being concerned to avoid running rich i have held off even takng them up on their $75 bargain.i do plan sending another ecu i just got my hands on chesp which is a good unit and have them flash it.I have tried some local sources to do a hands on adjust if i installed the PC3,but dont like their dyno + adjustment cost.Difficult to justified on a bike thats almost pure stock.i take small steps on doing any mods just incase i make a move for a 2nd gen.No reason to invest more than i can get return on if i ever trade.@60+yrs i always concern myself with just how far i do the sportbike option.I know while im pretty slow on the bike,i absolutely love it and the feel on these bikes suits me fine.Best i have felt since my KZ"s!

Then why do you want more ???????

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post

Then why do you want more ???????
                nice to experience possibly what the bike is really capable of and besides if in reference to why possibly I would maybe upgrade to 2nd gen 14,well I like it and was really drawn to the 2012SE
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X