ZX14R Passenger Pegs Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX14R Passenger Pegs Change

So I took Annette for a 130 mile ride a couple weeks ago, and she complained about how high the passenger pegs are. I seemed to recall reading that one could put the Buell XB pegs on (as I have done for my rider's pegs) and get a nice drop in height. So I experimented with mine and it does look like it will work- though the pin that holds the peg in place is much smaller in diameter, so I will have to fab up a sleeve of some sort to take up space.

Anybody else done this?

I ordered the pegs (only $37 plus shipping ) a few minutes ago, will let you know how it goes.

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Re: ZX14R Passenger Pegs Change

Looking forward to hearing the results.
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

My pillon had a similar complaint about the ZX14. She didn't like the lack of leg room and really hated the passenger pegs which have zero padding. So I swapped out the rear passenger pegs from the wife's 650R, which are squishy rubber, with the 14's passenger pegs. The pillon (daughter) was much happier.

I would suggest getting rubber pegs for the passenger in addition to dropping them.
      tbolt

Comment

Good to see this being addressed and curious of solutions.Since I've had the 14 the Mrs hasn't even got on board yet as she believes the pegs to be an issue.I even bought a nice gel seat to cushion her ride a little better and she still refuses.So curious if innovative options make things a little better.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X