ZX14R Givi 35 and SW Motec Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX14R Givi 35 and SW Motec Mounts?

My recent trip to 2West confirmed my desire to hang some hard luggage on my ZX14R. I have seen the Givi 35 set-up on the 06-11 bikes (Big O) but not on the later bikes- and on the Twisted Throttle site they do not show the mounting racks for the R model. Anybody have them, seen them, know where they can be found?

thanks,

Greg
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Re: ZX14R Givi 35 and SW Motec Mounts?

Technically the V35's won't fit the ZX14R, the pipes are too big (and too ugly) and they get in the way of the bags, but it's a very easy work around. I understand the Givi and motech brackets are still an exact fit to the 14R and members of other forums have been able to make the V35's work with the stock pipes by fabricating a small bracket to lower the exhaust an inch or so. You may not need to lower the exhaust at all with a smaller aftermarket exhaust system, but that's another story. Here is a link to how others have made them fit the 14R with the stock exhaust system. Click on the link and scroll down through the posts. You will see the bags mounted on the 14R and you will see how members fabricated a small simple bracket (and photos of same) to lower the exhaust an inch or so to enable the bags to clear the pipes. It really is a very simple fix. You can probably pick up a set of used bags and mounting hardware online.

http://www.zx14ninjaforum.com/messages.cfm?threadid=FED066F6-D56B-84E2-16F10CD39578056B&page=1

I have them on my early generation zx14 and wouldn't tour without them. I had my local body shop paint and color match the inserts on the bags and the mounting brackets for a factory look. Here's a pic of mine in full sport-touring mode. The main tank bag holds all of my daily riding requirements like plexus, spare visor, sunglasses, wallet, IPhone etc, the second tank bag bungied on the rear holds rain suit, heated vest assorted pairs of gloves, tools, zip straps, fuses and the like, the blue dry bag holds all of my camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and mini camp stove) and the panniers hold everything else. I am fully self sufficient and prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws my way with all of this and can stay away from home as long as my wallet (and my wife) will allow.

Last edited by NotDeadYet; 07-23-2015, 09:42 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Thanks NDY!

I plan on putting a set of slip-ons on the bike before the bags, maybe I won't need the work around!

Greg
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Yep.

V 35's and the Motech's are the shiznit!!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
        X