Bags, exhaust, and a trim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bags, exhaust, and a trim

Got the chance to finish installation of the saddle bags. Once I finished the installation of the racks and put the bags on, wife says, OMG, those are hideous. Heart sinks and she says, not the bags, the exhaust is hideous. Are you going to leave it like that? Hmm, opportunity presents itself. Why, no dear, I was going to copy gregness and his lovely sounding machine, exhaust will be here in a couple days. She says good, and lets me get back to....well.......breaking things. Installed are SW-Motech racks from Twisted Throttle and Givi V35's. Trimmed off the fender extension because it was hideous as well. Installed Delkevic exhaust on Friday evening. Pictures don't show the gap at the bags to exhaust. With the OEM potato shooters, I had about an inch of clearance at the exhaust tip to bottom of bags. With the Delks on, I have about 1/2-3/4 inch. Will have to keep fingers crossed for no melting but I did add the "heat shields" that came with the SW-Motech kit.

Downside is, I won't be able to ride for 2 weeks. Vacation in a warm location is calling our names.

Nice work, you’re going to love it. Next you might decide to paint the outer panels on the saddlebags to match the bike. It really gives everything a nice finished look.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Looks great!

You're going to lone the quick release racks and Givi's.

By far the best hard bag system out there.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

You won't have any issues with the clearance. The bottom of my V35's almost touch my Area P exhaust and I've had no problems whatsoever.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

That is excellent to hear about there not really being an issue with the clearance NDY. Music to my ears.....as are the pipes. Painting will wait, but I've asked my window tint/paint protection guy if there is a color similar to the green as a "wrap" on the panels. He said he'd look into it and see if anything is close. Not holding my breath, but never know till you ask.

Big O - you are so right on the quick release. Greg showed me how easy it was and that sealed it for me. I know this seems to be the only rack system most use and is really the only one available, but soft bags were an option. Not after seeing these though.

For now, until the genmars arrive, I'm holding off on much else. Have sunk more than what I intended for the upfront comfort features, so it is best to let the pocket book heal a bit. Not to mention, my '65 C10 pieces will start heading to the body/paint guy when I get back. That will be a very pretty penny, and many more of it's closest nickel and dime friends to get accomplished.

Comment

Looking good! As we discussed, I am shipping my ECU to Schnitz racing for a re-flash today. And, I am attempting as we speak to order some OZ forged aluminum wheels for my bike. I decided that would be my big spend on the Kwaker this year. Gonna mount up some new Diablo Rosso 3's on them- they are on their way too.

Fark'in A!

G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
              Not to mention, my '65 C10 pieces will start heading to the body/paint guy when I get back. That will be a very pretty penny, and many more of it's closest nickel and dime friends to get accomplished.
              Just paint em green to match your Givi's.

Two birds with one stone

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Big O - my wife might just finish me off if I did the Emerald Blaze Green on the truck.....might be a smidgen over the top....

Gregness - good on your sir. Oz wheels, new shoes, and a flash sound like a recipe of fun you'll be cooking up

Comment

Working...
                X