What do ZX14R Wheels Weigh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do ZX14R Wheels Weigh?

I am thinking about putting some aftermarket wheels on my Ninja. From what I know of physics and has been verified by many sources, lighter wheels are the surest way to quicken up the flickability of this um, "hefty" bike. I have read that the ZX14R wheels are lighter than the original ZX14's by about 3 lbs. combined. I want to be sure that I will be getting decent bang for my buck. OZ wheels are reported as being 7.6 lbs for the front,and about 10.8 for the rear... but the BST CF front wheel is only 5.5 lbs, though the rear is just over 10 lbs. A set of OZ forged aluminum wheels are $1200 cheaper than the $3300 BST's...

So if anyone knows what the stock wheels weight it would help me decide!

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Bueller ... Bueller ...

Anybody ...

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I ran Carozzerria wheels on my ZZR. I’m running the 2012 SE ZX14-r wheels on my first gen ZX14. I know they are lighter than the stock wheels from the bike but I don’t know by how much. I just like the look of them, they are shiny. I’m all about the bling.

Thanks for en”lightening” me.

Sorry Greg - other than that I got nothing to contribute.

I do have the stock wheels from my 06 in the garage. I could get them down and weigh them for you then you could work backwards from there but I’m betting Bueller will know the answer to your question.

I’m just working on my post count.
      Last edited by NotDeadYet; 02-25-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I had the CZ'z on my 2008 ZX 14 as well. I don't recall what the specific weight savings was except that there was a difference.

The CZ's saved most of their weight by removing A LOT of material from the wheel valley. In doing so, made it very difficult to change tires. However, if you have a shop change your tires you should be OK. If changig by yourself then damn near impossible without some kind of tire changer and a second person.

I have no info on the OZ wheels other than I have a heard they are a good wheel. I would definitely go with the OZ forged aluminum over the BST's carbon fiber.

JMHO.

Good luck with whichever you decide.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Check this post out for ZX14 wheel weight reference. It might help you out.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewth...D=27&TID=69927

Comment

You ever get the weights Greg?

Saw in the other thread you were ordering the OZ wheels.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
            X