Knight designs lowered pegs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight designs lowered pegs

When I checked out gregness’s bike, he has the Buell pegs installed, and were pretty comfy. There are others who have the same pegs. A little looking into this and found Murph’s and Knight designs also have lowered pegs. Found a few rear sets from other companies but that isn’t what I was after; need lower not back or higher. The murphs didn’t appeal with the size of the foot peg, but is direct fit. Cost is $92+ride. Some people report having to do a very slight grind with oem exhaust to fit. The Buell pegs appeal from cost aspect. Yet there is a slight upsize on the mount hold and possibly a grind for laying flat. Cost depends on eBay, Harley shop, used sale, etc. at $15 each to $55 each. Knights design says no grind and direct fit, but holy cow $129+$14 for the ride made me wonder. I liked the 1-3/8 lowered peg, choice of finish and choice of grip texture. A little debate and decided on the knight design. Mainly from the 1-3/8 lower for being long legged and commuting comfort.

Two days later, they show up. Knights is out of Oregon, so fast delivery. Nice finish and laser etching. No burrs, no uneven finish, great feel and very light. Installation was about 10 minutes. Visibly, the difference isn’t much from the bottom of the curb finder to the bottom of the knights.No grinding required, no interference with exhaust, one spline adjust on shifter, and all is good. Feel from side stand is far improved. Will have to wait for ride before I pass final judgement.

Prost to a job well done.

I put a set on my ZX12R when I still owned one. Vast improvement for taller riders.
    The only thing I noticed was that foot positioning was slightly further out from the engine, both sides, but was no problem.
    I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

If my feet are a bit further out from the frame/engine, I think I'd be fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
        If my feet are a bit further out from the frame/engine, I think I'd be fine with that.
        I found it slightly more difficult to get my toes on the brake pedal, but it wasn't a problem once I was used to it. They do touch down sooner than the standard pegs though, and mine are the older 1" drop. But well worth it for the comfort.

I will take some photos and put them up for sale. Only 1 peg is slightly scuffed - I ride with the ball of my foot on the peg, so I scuffed my boot sole, not the peg!

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
          I will take some photos and put them up for sale. Only 1 peg is slightly scuffed - I ride with the ball of my foot on the peg, so I scuffed my boot sole, not the peg!
          I'm late to this party so others may already have dibs but I am interested when you determine a price. I'll send you a PM...
          "Here's to our men in uniform. ALL uniforms." Maximus
          "If you can't get it done on a ZZR1200, you can't get it done on a 14 either." CrazyTrain
          "If the space shuttle didn't keep exploding it would be a pretty good space ship." helodoc
          "Re: Turbo-Connie: It had to be done...
          Like putting a solid-fuel rocket booster on a wheelchair." Danno

Comment

Working...
          X