Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Block off Plates. What's the benefit?

connecting with a tube does same thing as block off plates.. just cleaner install. Easier to get valve cover off. I dont hear any decel popping. I used to before the jetting and had this stuff on the bike. Its worth taking it off but does not make that much of a difference.

Comment

When I did mine I took a couple of oil pan drain plugs and threaded them into the tubes on the factory plates. Of course I have crap like that just laying around.
      Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Cool!!!

Comment

Rode mine for first time since removing the air valve. Smoother, less chattery idle. Still popped when cutting the throttle from mid rpms, but that was only because my mufflers have been cut. With stockers that wouldn't have been chuffed and not heard.
          2004 ZZR1200 moonlight gray, Shinko 011 Verge tires, 1.25" bar risers, color matched Corbin Beetle Bags, stock exhaust, KLEEN system removed.

Comment

I notice with block off plates the air filter stays cleaner longer.

Rollon

Comment

IIRC, when I pulled out all the CA smog crap and installed mine there was a weight savings of nearly 5 pounds! Didn't have much to do with the actual block off plates, but hey - post count!
              "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

I saw somewhere in this thread someone stated if the plates are blocked it creates pressure and you'll get premature leaking. Funny because when I blocked my 83 KZ550 more than 20 years ago I still have no leaking. The bikes is now 32 years old and runs great. Maybe I better get those hoses back on to prevent that premature leaking? Just wondered when is that supposed to start 40 - 50 years? One thing is for certain filters stay clean longer on my bikes.

Rollon

Comment

• Hey guys, what's so bad about the "Decel popping" anyway? Just curious, as I believe mine is doing it as well. Muzzy slip on and I would imagine stock jets.

Comment

Working...
                  X