Carb connector o ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb connector o ring

Hello, i am trying to get my 02 ZZR1200 running and am working on the carbs right now. I have noticed that the plastic connectors that connect the carbs to each other part 92005 and 92005A (picture of what i mean https://imgur.com/a/e9iVwwa) need new o rings. These are not showing up under the parts diagrams, just the plastic connectors (fitments). Does anyone know where i can get the o rings for the fitments? I have tried searching the forums but nothing is coming up. Thank you all in advance.

According to the parts diagram, the o-rings are included with the tubes.
    How To Cheat on Personality Tests
    1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
    (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
    (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
    (c) I never worry much about anything.
    (d) I don't care for books or music much.
    (e) I love my wife and children.
    (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
    From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

I just didnt want to buy those because they are so expensive when all i need is 5 bucks in O rings.

Comment

Take the old ones to someplace that carries o-rings for fuel applications and size them up. Get sizes that seem to match
        and get some sizes above and below what you think will fit. Then you're covered and not out of but a few bucks.
        I have purchased some o-rings kits in the past, which contain probably 100 or more in various sizes, these are good
        to keep around the house so to speak, just for stuff like this. Just make sure they're fuel safe type.
        Last edited by CHARLIE; 10-15-2020, 06:58 PM.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I'll probably do what Charlie suggests and buy a whole bunch of em in different near sizes and use what works best.

Comment

Oh, well if you still have one of the old ones, you can measure it with a micrometer (metric scale) and then easily order all you want online, or find them locally. There are three measurements to take (although two should be sufficient since the third can be derived):
            Inside diameter
            Outside diameter
            Thickness
            How To Cheat on Personality Tests
            1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
            (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
            (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
            (c) I never worry much about anything.
            (d) I don't care for books or music much.
            (e) I love my wife and children.
            (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
            From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Thanks man, I actually do have some but they are broken. I can still measure the OD of the plastic tube they go on though and the thickness of the o ring. I want to use the right parts but i guess with o rings it doesnt really matter as long as the size is right.

Comment

Working...
              X