Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure switch replacement

Hi y'all!

After I couple of tests I realized that I have a busted oil pressure switch (normally closed switch, stuck on the open position).
    I bought a new one (part 27010 1313) but before diving in the replacement, I'd like to kindly ask a question to whoever had experience on this.
    The service manual says to "drain the oil" as a first step of the removal procedure, so I was wondering: does it mean that if I don't do so, the oil will come out as I remove the switch?
    I have never even seen where is located so far, so I can't guess... I can't change the oil right now, so if this is the case I'll try to swap the broken unit with the new one as quick as I can! Do you think this is feasable?
    Thanks in advance!

Correct, the reason to drain oil first is due to oil coming out of the port. Now, only so much will come out of course.

Comment

You don't have to change the oil, just drain it into a clean container, and reuse it.
      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
        You don't have to change the oil, just drain it into a clean container, and reuse it.
        Sounds like a plan. If you're quick, you might not even lose much. I changed out my neutral switch and lost maybe
        a shot glass full. But, maybe better to just drain, then put back in after change out.
        Last edited by CHARLIE; 09-28-2020, 07:05 PM.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
          ... I have never even seen where is located so far, so I can't guess...
          The pressure switch is very close to the forward oil drain plug. You can swap out the switch without draining the oil; only a little will dribble out.
          How To Cheat on Personality Tests
          1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
          (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
          (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
          (c) I never worry much about anything.
          (d) I don't care for books or music much.
          (e) I love my wife and children.
          (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
          From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Fiche shows where it is.
            Part number 27010.
            Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Working...
            X