ZZR1200 winter maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1200 winter maintenance

I was going over the list for the ole beast. Front brake rotors, front brakes lines, rear brake lines, rear rotor,
    rear shock, clutch line (while I'm at it) steering stem bearings. Shit, I guess I know what to get myself for Christmas.
    As always, I'll find some more stuff to get while I'm doing this stuff. I'll get into the ignition switch poltergeist while I'm
    at it too. Gonna drop some coin I guess, but cheaper than another one. I've been able to put more miles on her in
    the past year than the 3 or 4 before that (personal stuff) so next year gonna be a good year for riding.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

While you're at it you might as well check the chain, air filter and spark plugs.

You seem to be hitting quite a few things
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Put some fuel stabilizer in the tank, fill up the tank, start it up and run it until it gets hot (take it for s short ride if possible).
      Next spring take it out, and have fun. Worked for me for only 50,000 miles and 10 years.

Comment

I always run the Techron through the ole beast but it won't sit long enough to need the stabil stuff.
        I'll probably do all the stuff in January when we just get mostly cold/rain combo. I hope we don't
        get any snow, I hate that shit. Suppose to be around 60 here again this weekend so off we go
        again. Like you guys said, I'll find other stuff. Chain and sprockets fairly new, air filter might need
        cleaning, but most everything else is ok.
        Last edited by CHARLIE; 11-14-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Got the brake lines done. (Galfer braided) new LED bulbs, nothing wrong with old ones, just went to higher wattage.
          Raining for the past 3 days, so no test ride yet. Christmas day ride looking good, ain't doing much else. I did get
          my Gopro mount finished, just couldn't get excited about a helmet mount. I went with a modified Ram-mount set up
          so I could move it around better. Can you tell I'm bored? Damn this rain. I need a ride.

Comment

At least you can fiddle with your bike during winter.

Too cold in my garage to even do that.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Fork oil. It is gray glop right now, just begging to be changed.
              How To Cheat on Personality Tests
              1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
              (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
              (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
              (c) I never worry much about anything.
              (d) I don't care for books or music much.
              (e) I love my wife and children.
              (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
              From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Working...
              X