No announcement yet.

Recommendations on a good carb jet kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations on a good carb jet kit?

Just picked up an 02 zzr1200, 12k miles, runs kinda crappy since its been sitting for a while, but its all there in nice condition. Gonna do all the maintenance on it to get it back up, it has a muzzy slip on.
    PS. Im taking off those horrible looking flames lol.

Congrats on your ZED!

Looks like it's in good condition (except for the flames lol) Already has the Muzzy as well as the ZG windscreen.

As for a good jet it, many of us swear by the Ivan's kit.

Also lots of information on the forum about it.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

BTW

Where you from?

Been riding long?

Other bikes?

etc..................
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg the Greek View Post
        PS. Im taking off those horrible looking flames lol.

Don't!!! It goes faster with them on!

Jet kit: plenty of options. I use a Dynojet kit for my ZRX1200, and Factory Pro for the Zed.

I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          BTW

Where you from?

Been riding long?

Other bikes?

etc..................
          Thanks guys, I see alot of info on Ivan's. Might eventually go with that.

Im from NYC, been riding for about 13 years now, and my other bike currently is a Buell Ulysses XB12X. Love both the bikes, and doing all the maintenance myself (keeps the hobby relatively cheap, and mechanics around here are quite bad).

Hoping to get a bunch of maintenance on the ZZR done in the next two weeks since its at 12k miles now.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post

Don't!!! It goes faster with them on!

Jet kit: plenty of options. I use a Dynojet kit for my ZRX1200, and Factory Pro for the Zed.
            Haha, too late, already started. Does seem slower now though=\.

Comment

Ivans kit for sure.....makes great low and midrange power

Comment

Thanks everyone, I just ordered Ivan's Carb Jet Kit along with the Block off plates for the air induction. Anyone recommend a good thread with pics on our bikes carb cleaning/jet install? Ive never worked on carbs before, but do have the Kawasaki Service manual and a few months of winter time coming up in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg the Greek View Post
                  Thanks everyone, I just ordered Ivan's Carb Jet Kit along with the Block off plates for the air induction. Anyone recommend a good thread with pics on our bikes carb cleaning/jet install? Ive never worked on carbs before, but do have the Kawasaki Service manual and a few months of winter time coming up in my garage.
                  How did these pieces work out for you? Looking at doing the same mods.

Comment

Working...
                  X