In need of a crash chart, frame specs or measurements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a crash chart, frame specs or measurements

Hello its nice to see this site is still up after all these years.

The zzr went down on its left and then a semi ran over the front forks. The frame has a nice dent in her but doesn't look twisted. Its been a long and sad week. I need to find out if my frame is bent or the rear swing arm is out before i make the move to dismantle or remove the engine. I have a 98 1100-d if needed for doner parts
    Last edited by OscarGoldman; 08-01-2018, 09:44 AM.

Originally posted by OscarGoldman View Post
    The frame has a nice dent in her but doesn't look twisted
    Sounds like the bike is totaled to me. Crashed and ran over by a semi........

RIP

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

She runs great, I have all the stock fairings and %60 of parts to fix her, there was a after market kit on the bike. Im just wondering about the frame damage
      Last edited by OscarGoldman; 08-01-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Wow, that is a pretty bad ding on the frame. I have to agree with Piken on this one.
        sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

You might be ok, but then again you might not. If you really want to rebuild it and have the time I would not risk it get a donor. Not worth the risk, dangerous damage might be hidden

Comment

Whoa! That looks worse than the one I just dismantled. I still have a lot of good usable parts if you need any, LMK

Comment

I would have thought the chances of that being straight are close to zero.

Sorry mate, but I think you'll need another frame.
              "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
              99 Yamaha R1

Comment

So I walked away with a broken clavicle, Its been 2 weeks and I can only do so much with one and half arms. I started taken the bike apart to get a closer look at the damage. The frame it self appears to be not twisted but where the dent is may have shifted closer to the motor under a 1/16 inch if that, but cant be certain. After removing the exhaust manifold I notice the sub frame was shifted a good 1/8 inch to the right. By the way make sure you get really good sliders to keep your motor from damage.

Ive thought it over and looked at some numbers, Im going to dismantle and save the motor and keep the parts and bolts on hand, thank you all very much let me know if you need something. I still have the original nose fairing, and the right side, there was a after market kit on the bike the time of the crash
                Last edited by OscarGoldman; 08-04-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that you came out with only a broken clavicle.

Sorry to hear you can't salvage the bike but used ZZR's are out there with low miles and very good prices.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

If only you had been Steve Austin instead of Oscar Goldman
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X