tire wearing wierd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire wearing wierd

Siting in my garage i notice my rear tire is wearing really wierd i guess it could say is choppy or steping but heres what is odd is its only on the left side when you view it from the rear any ideas (running a pilot road 3 or 4 not sure witch off top of my head ) any ideas ?

How many miles on the tire?

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

not sure its not new by any means im going to say 5-7k

Comment

I'd say it's a few thousand miles past being shot.

Have you balance it? Have you aligned your tires? Is the suspension set up correctly? Has the suspension been serviced, ever?
        How do you determine what tire pressure to run? All these things matter for optimum tire wear, much like a car does.

Why's it scalloped/cupped more on one side? More then likely a.) Tires can wear a little more on the inside do to the crowning in the roads, b.) you tend to favor left turns a little harder
        and causes a little more wear on left side?

If you only had like 2k miles on it and it was scalloped or cupping then suspension would be suspect.

The tire is just well past the end of it's life, replace it.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by er165 View Post
          Siting in my garage i notice my rear tire is wearing really wierd i guess it could say is choppy or steping but heres what is odd is its only on the left side when you view it from the rear any ideas (running a pilot road 3 or 4 not sure witch off top of my head ) any ideas ?
          Photo?
          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Comment

I'm not seeing anything particularly alarming from what I can see from the photo. You have lots of good suggestions from the previous posts.

Noting your trailer hitch - it could also be that your trailer isn't tracking absolutely true.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Working...
              X