Throttle Cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Cables

Hi guys has anyone got a pic of how the throttle cables sit in the handle bar housing and is it possible to disconnect the cables from the carbs without taking the plate that holds the o rings in

Originally posted by Bigsteve13 View Post
    anyone got a pic of how the throttle cables sit in the handle bar housing
    Don't have a pic, it's a little tricky, but can only go one way. If you put on backwards, it wont work.

Helps if you loosen brake perch so you can rotate out of the way to help hook cables up.

is it possible to disconnect the cables from the carbs without taking the plate that holds the o rings
    I'm not quite sure about this one? The cables hook up to a rotating plate/reel in the center of the carbs. This is where you would disconnect them by pushing
    the little spring retainer off to the side. Disconnecting first cable and then rotating throttle plates to aid in removing 2nd cable.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you have to disconnect the cables at the grip first.
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

i have done both. The grips are not that hard. but take a pic.. its not super obvious how it goes back together. Mark upper and lower.

Comment

How do the cables sit handle bar end I put it back together and throttle is really slow closing when I let go of it

Comment

How do the cables sit handle bar end I put it back together and throttle is really slow closing when I let go of it
            If you have reassembled and it is all fitting together and actuates the carbs then it's assembled correctly.

Make sure reel "very" lightly greased and rotates freely.

Make sure nothing binding, like grip on housing, grip on bar end etc. and clean under throttle tube.

Make sure cable adjusted properly

Make sure cable "routed" correctly. Check manual for correct cable routing.

Other then that, I find it's pretty hard to clean and lube the cables themselves, If all the above still
            doesn't work, the cable internals might be dirty and I would get a new set of cable.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Yes, lots of things can cause a slow return.
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X