Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danno
    replied
    $6 is definitely cheap fro a front sprocket. They normally go for around 3 times that much.

Leave a comment:

• timeisrelative
    replied
    Um yeah.... I really only posted 'cause they were on sale for @ $6. I don't care about the lightening, just thought it wasn't a bad deal.

Leave a comment:

• Danno
    replied
    Zinc is silver. Think galvanizing.

Leave a comment:

• ramblin66
    replied
    I thought that was yellow zinc plating...

Leave a comment:

• In10City
    replied
    It seems to me that any weight you could save off a front sprocket would be so negligible that it would have no effect. Are any of us riding these machines to the very limit of their capabilities that a few ounces would have an impact? I think you could probably take some EX Lax before a ride and reduce about as much weight.

Make that, a few hours before a ride...

OK, take the EX Lax the day before, purge yourself, then go riding.

Leave a comment:

• Danno
    replied
    If those were really good, hardened tool steel, they wouldn't need that crappy cadmium plating to keep them from rusting.

Leave a comment:

• DWC
    replied
    Originally posted by Danno View Post
    Front sprockets are such small diameter parts, lightening can't change the rotational inertia enough to make a noticable difference. I would be concerned with their durability, too. How are they lightened? Swiss-cheesed with holes are made from a lighter material than tool steel?
    Every little bit helps .... and adds up.
    Pessimistic old fart ........................ =^>
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Danno
    replied
    Front sprockets are such small diameter parts, lightening can't change the rotational inertia enough to make a noticable difference. I would be concerned with their durability, too. How are they lightened? Swiss-cheesed with holes are made from a lighter material than tool steel?

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Who's Jake Wilson?

Leave a comment:

• timeisrelative
    started a topic front sprocket

front sprocket

Hey guys I just got an email from Jake wilson with the link for lightened front sprockets for $5.75!!! I'm thinking about getting one for just in case!!
Working...
X