Levers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levers

ZZR1200. My clutch and brake levers are getting a bit worn looking. I am considering some aftermarket levers. Any recommendations, other than Chinese made?
    Perth, Western Australia.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

I'll post pictures of OEM levers I pulled off of a scrap bike when I get home from work tonight. See if you're interested. I put a set of aftermarket levers on my 2003 Z1000. The pivot holes wore out in a couple of years. I think they were Chinese.

Comment

Puig
      How To Cheat on Personality Tests
      1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
      (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
      (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
      (c) I never worry much about anything.
      (d) I don't care for books or music much.
      (e) I love my wife and children.
      (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
      From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

I've used the Chinese knock offs on several of my bikes and have never had any issues.

Or if money is no object, get some Pazzo's. However, I don't know if they make them for the ZZR.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I got Bikemaster OEM zzr1200 replacement levers for $20usd from bikebandit.com

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            I've used the Chinese knock offs on several of my bikes and have never had any issues.
            There were all sorts of problems with the Chinese levers initially. But the ones I bought for the R1 a few years ago have been fine.

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

The stubby type I put on mine some 5-6 years ago have not missed a beat (pull)
              I think they were about 45 bucks or so, they seem to be holding up just fine.
              I just wasn't gonna pay 150 bucks for so called name brand, which probably are
              manufactured by the same Chinese company. If these mess up, I'll put the OEM
              back on that were on it.
              "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
              but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

All good feedback here. I may go the same way as Charlie.
                Perth, Western Australia.
                “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                X