Shock Refill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Refill

I have refurbished the forks with new bushings,seals, progressive rate springs, brace and 10wt oil. Much much better and more planted. Now of course the rear suspension is quite noticeable. Has anyone actually drained and refilled one these shocks ? I can drain it with no problem but how would you refill the nitrogen charge ? I am thinking of installing a Hyperpro spring which would probably be sprung closer to my weight which is around 230 and would hate to go thru all of that with 17 year old oil inside.

From what I understand, the rear cannot be rebuilt. I'm sure somebody
    will chime in soon to correct me if I'm wrong.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

There is an adjuster on the bottom of the shock. Set it to "4". If that doesn't help consider a replacement. I think I read something recently about someone rebuilding the shock, but I am pretty sure it was overseas, like the UK, or Australia.

Comment

https://zzrbikes.com/forum/bikes/zzr...e3#post1207534

Post # 43.
        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

There are some aftermarket ones still available but getting fewer and fewer. YSS was another one I saw that is out
          of UK I think. I still have the OEM on mine. Always been set at stiff as hell and 3 on the rebound. I guess it doesn't move
          much, it still works.
          Last edited by CHARLIE; 08-01-2020, 06:00 AM.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Looks like I'll have to accept my fate. I'll try number 4 position on the damping and play around with the preload some more. Up until 10 years ago I didn't care about suspension setup. I rode my 14r last week after letting it sit since I bought the zzr in May and was blown away by the difference. I couldn't feel 90 % of the bumps and joints that I feel on the zzr but I'll never do a 2200 mile trip on it that I did on the zzr in the first week.

Comment

A couple of years back I bought a rear shock on eBay, from a "younger" ZZR. That helped a bit.
              Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Working...
              X